Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RyBo44
Asteroid

KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All!

I have a 20-month-old UN55KS8000FXZA that displays blue and green vertical lines on all inputs. I have tried resetting the TV by holding the power for 20 seconds and rebooting, removing the one connect to eliminate the DirecTV and Xbox inputs, and running with no input. Regardless of the configuration, I have vertical lines wherever a picture should be displayed -- see the linked photos here: https://imgur.com/a/HRx3XpJ . Additionally, I removed the TV from the wall and tried a new power cord in a different outlet from another KS8000 in the house, and that also failed to change the symptom. When inputs are attached, the audio is still present, therefore this appears to be a video/board issue that will require an extremely expensive repair.

When this TV was released, it came with a hefty price tag of $1,799 and one should reasonably expect the product to last for more than 20 months. I am hopeful that someone with Samsung has the authority to authorize a one-time repair on this TV. My family has not only these televisions but also Samsung appliances including the fridge, washer, and dryer. 

Does anyone here have any advice on whom I can contact for assistance? Thanks in advance, all! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RyBo44
Asteroid

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone watching this tread in the future, the fix for the vertical lines was to replace the LCD panel. Thanks to SamsungGill and SamsungJam for all their assistance.

23 REPLIES 23
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're sorry to see that! Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link

RyBo44
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Gill -- PM sent. Thanks in advance for taking a look into our issue. I eagerly await your reply!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please provide your name, home address, e-mail address and place of purchase.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

RyBo44
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HI Jam!

I have replied with my personal information in a private message. Thank you all for pulling together on my request. I appreciate it!

RyBo44
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone watching this tread in the future, the fix for the vertical lines was to replace the LCD panel. Thanks to SamsungGill and SamsungJam for all their assistance.

userU2BNXnUcus
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NOT EXCEPTABLE! 

I also have the same problem with my UN55KS8000 series .... Less than two years on the purchase, and Samsung won't foot the bill...?

At least tell us why the LCD needs to be replaced!

Convince us first: What led to the LCD needing replaced? Will it last for two weeks or two more years?

RyBo44
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Obviously, I will leave the heavy lifting of this response to the mods, but in my case, there was a board that had visible damage to a circuit board that was attached to the LCD and could not be replaced without replacing the LCD. There was a small burn around one of the components and that appears to be the most likely cause. The repairman that fixed the set gave us the advice to turn the backlight to 15 and brightness to 52, rather than the defaults of 20/47 (i believe).

Two weeks in the picture still looks great, but I hear you, friend. It's frustrating to spend this kind of money on a set and have it die so quickly. I would recommend perhaps taking a more friendly tact in trying to have Samsung repair your set rather than come out guns blazing. Sometimes you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Good luck!

userU2BNXnUcus
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung's repair offer to me was: $100 to diagnose, $100 to repair, and $? for the part. I can't get anyone to tell me the cost of the panel before taking the plunge. I looked for the part myself  to no avail.... UN55KS8000

userU2BNXnUcus
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:  Not happening!

The recomended Samsung repairman was here 5 minutes and without lifting a screwdriver told my wife the lcd las bad.

$100 dollars for diagnosis $994 for part, and $200 for repair.

That would be $300 more than what I originally paid two years ago.

I paid the $100 and called Samsung customer service. I pleaded my case and I'm now awaiting further feedback from management.

Be back in 48 hrs.......