cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung ks8000 vertical lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had my tv for a little over two years now and yesterday my screen went black except for green and blue vertical lines down the center. The help desk is unhelpful of course so I was hoping somebody could shed some light as to how an expensive tv like this can stop working after two years.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung ks8000 vertical lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes? Does the issue occur on all sources and inputs?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ya I left it unplugged for 24 hours still the same problem. Can't change the input because theirs no way to see the screen it's all black other than the colored lines.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are checking to see if you still need assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue  like 2 hours ago  my tv receive a update and 30 min after the update the tv start to failure

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing  happened to my TV last week. Can't see anything but green and blue lines.

Highlighted
Constellation

KS8000 Vertical Lines.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was in the middle of watching amovie last night and the tv flickersed and went a shade of green with a green bar up top near the bezel.

After about 2 minutes it showed the vertical lines just like everyone has. Bought my tv about 2.5 years ago for $1300.

The tv has been kep tin immaculare shape as it means more to me than my car. I have been a VERY loyal samsung customer having countless $1000 note series phones microwaves and other. 

I fully expected this tv to last more than 2.5 years and seeing that everyone else is experiencing the same thing around the same time is super disheartening and honestly unacceptable. 

I want to resolve this as easy as possible as the warrantly is more than likely expired but it does not make sense to charge for the repair when it's a known issue. Moderators please reach out and help get this problems addressed. I have spend literal THOUSANDS on samsung products and don't want to have to go with another brand. 

If any of you have had any luck with this please comment below with your experiences. Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

My old one used to do it. A smack to the top right corner...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My old one used to do it. A smack to the top right corner would clear it up for awhile. Its An easy fix if you take the cover off the TV there is a ribbon cable that gets loosely from the heating cooling making the tv swell and shrink all you have to do is reseat the cable (VERY CAREFULLY because the break easily) and like hot glue that ribbon cable so it doesn't move. There are videos on YouTube showing you how to fix it.

Good luck with Samsung doing anything about it because all they really care about is the money not their customers...