cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6SF1s8qihL
Asteroid

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a two year old UN55KS8000FXZA with same vertical lines that was bought April 2017.  I called Samsung customer service and they told me I need to pay for repair, which is unacceptable as the tv should last more than two years. There is a flaw in the tv and there needs to be recall on this tv, as there are many people with same issue. I had a pioneer last me 12 years. This is the last time I will buy a Samsung if nothing is done to help resolve the issue. I will also join in class action lawsuit and fill out consumer complaint.

uservfmstda01i
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. 

I have the same same problem with what I consider a new Samsung Tv. I’ve only had it for a couple of years. I thought I was spending all that money for quality. Can someone from Samsung please contact me for assistance? I definitely need a new LCD screen also. 

user96UpKdjcBv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone, I have the same TV with the same problem. Went out last week, it's less than 2.5 years old and no longer under warranty. Samsung authorized a replacement LCD at no charge but I'd have to pay for labor. Was going to be about $200 which I thought was fair. However, the local Samsung service center said the part was out of stock and there was no estimated time for new parts. Samsung then authorized an entire replacement of the TV at no charge. I was told the entire process for getting the new TV would take about 2 weeks to complete.

If you're having this same issue contact the moderator that keeps posting in this thread, I'm sure they will make it right.

user6SF1s8qihL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a two year old UN55KS8000FXZA with same vertical lines that was bought April 2017. I called Samsung customer service and they told me I need to pay for repair, which is unacceptable as the tv should last more than two years. There is a flaw in the tv and there needs to be recall on this tv, as there are many people with same issue. I had a pioneer last me 12 years. This is the last time I will buy a Samsung if nothing is done to help resolve the issue. I will also join in class action lawsuit and fill out consumer complaint.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone having trouble,  feel free to send me a private message with your full model and serial number. http://bit.ly/2kZXrit

Highlighted
userNO04Mq9tTn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact

@RyBo44 wrote:

Hi All!

I have a 20-month-old UN55KS8000FXZA that displays blue and green vertical lines on all inputs. I have tried resetting the TV by holding the power for 20 seconds and rebooting, removing the one connect to eliminate the DirecTV and Xbox inputs, and running with no input. Regardless of the configuration, I have vertical lines wherever a picture should be displayed -- see the linked photos here: https://imgur.com/a/HRx3XpJ . Additionally, I removed the TV from the wall and tried a new power cord in a different outlet from another KS8000 in the house, and that also failed to change the symptom. When inputs are attached, the audio is still present, therefore this appears to be a video/board issue that will require an extremely expensive repair.

When this TV was released, it came with a hefty price tag of $1,799 and one should reasonably expect the product to last for more than 20 months. I am hopeful that someone with Samsung has the authority to authorize a one-time repair on this TV. My family has not only these televisions but also Samsung appliances including the fridge, washer, and dryer. 

Does anyone here have any advice on whom I can contact for assistance? Thanks in advance, all! 

same problem, what can I do to fix this?

RedwoodsGarry
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, vertical blue and green lines. Model number is UN65KS8500FXZA. I sent a private message to SamsungLarry the mod who has been advising people to PM him for similar problems. Hoping Samsung does the right thing here... I've been a loyal Samsung customer for many years (washers, dryers, TVs, cell phones...) - they've always seemed to be a high quality brand.

user6QqgBQN4dV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

Sad to say I am now also experiencing this issue with my less than 3 year old UN55KS8000FXZA, manufactured October 2016

I put up with the firmware / software issues, ARC issues, picture/HDR issues,  and all the various other annoyances that this TV has had, since when it's working the picture quality is quite good, and it's a $1500+ TV. But now that I'm getting the vertical lines and picture ghosting the TV is unwatchable, and it's clear this is a known manufacturing defect that is affecting many users (13,000 views on this thread, I mean, come on)

I've messaged @SamsungLarry and @SamsungJam to see if anything can be done about setting up a service appointment and not being charged for the repair costs, but it seems like at the best case scenarios are, based on other threads:

• being offered a replacement model that has inferior picture quality, but I guess works?

• scheduling a repair with Service Quick or some other 3rd party (repair experiences don't seem very positive based on some posts), paying $100 up front for them to come out, having samsung cover the cost of parts/labor, if the a replacement panel part happens to be available, having a repair done, which could maybe fix the issue, and is not guaranteed to have the same picture quality.

• contact a lawyer about a class action lawsuit, or make a claim in small claims court for the $1500 cost of the tv.

Worst case scenarios are being told nothing can be done (yay, a $1500 paperweight), told that it's out of warranty and we have to pay the repair costs, or being told that a repair can be arranged and then be given the run around / ping-ponged between service quick and samsung when scheduling/performing the repair.

I purchased a $2000 Q6F last year based on the picture quality of the KS8000, but don't think I'll be sticking with samsung for my upcoming, much more expensive OLED purchase unless I can be reassured by my support experience that they'll stand by their products for a reasonable length of time.

userIllWhTDdpw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. My problem is in the beginning stages. I bought my 8500 in July 2017. After warming up, the vertical hold will start to flicker, then after a while longer, it scrolls more rapidly. Soon after I get the vertical blue green vertical lines across the whole screen. This definitely sounds like a defect on these models from all the complaints lists on this forum. Very disappointing for the amount paid for this "high end" model. I have not heard back from customer service yet. I assume the news won't be much better than that already found on here already.

Craigpar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same situation now. Purchased in February of 2017 and all inputs have crazy vertical lines. TV was performing regularly and then the picture dimmed and went down. Of course it happens to be out of warranty at this point as well. Very unhappy reading the comments in this thread if it costs over $1000 to fix this considering all these other people have similar issues. 

Hope someone reaches out to me and can help get this remedied without having to pay the entire cost of a new tv for a fix. I was hoping this tv would last me for the next 6-8 years.