cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craigpar
Constellation

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same situation now. Purchased in February of 2017 and all inputs have crazy vertical lines. TV was performing regularly and then the picture dimmed and went down. Of course it happens to be out of warranty at this point as well. Very unhappy reading the comments in this thread if it costs over $1000 to fix this considering all these other people have similar issues. 

Hope someone reaches out to me and can help get this remedied without having to pay the entire cost of a new tv for a fix. I was hoping this tv would last me for the next 6-8 years. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us. Here's an article that may answer your question: LINK

Highlighted
userr834syaBXH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV  started showing the vertical line last night (10/20/19). I purchase the TV Black Friday 2016. I was surprised to see that so many people has the same problem. I would like to know what's the best solution. I didn't plan on buying a new TV anytime soon

user0HMngKs2Lc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  TV is a little over 3 years old.  I've already had the screen replace once at the end of the one year warranty.  Definitely seems to be a defective model as I've had the screen go out two times in 3 years.  I don't want to pay to pay to have it diagnosed and then pay for a repair.  Sounds like it would be cheaper to just buy a new tv that isn't a Samsung.  Has anyone had any success getting their tv repaired after the warranty has expired without having to pay?  If not, should I just buy a new tv?

userC2E8lRg3V2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My UN55KS8000FXZA just started to have this same exact issue out of the blue.  Of course the TV is out of warrenty and I'm feeling really shafted by Samsung given how much money I spent on this and other Samsung products.    A service call is likely to cost more than a new TV!   This seems to be a very common problem   @SamsungJustin  @SamsungGill  @SamsungLarry    can you please help here?  

20191028_131230 (1).jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userC2E8lRg3V2 Please send a private message with the full model code and serial number so I may see what options are available. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

userC2E8lRg3V2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:

@SamsungRei  was awesome and setup a tech appoitment  to fix the TV for free for me.    

Advice for everyone trying to get this issue sorted out:

• A post on this thread  with a picture of the issue seems to be the quickest way to get a response from the mods ( see my post above).      It doesn't seem like the other channels(calling/online chat)  are in the loop on this issue.     
  • Be nice  to the Samsung (and really all ) customer service teams. You always make more progress with your issue as long as the person you are working with is actually empowered to help you.  
userZByKFpWurh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone have any idea how to get a repair post-warranty on the KS8000? I absolutely LOVE this TV, however a few nights ago my 2 year old had an accident and the TV fell off the stand, now there's some damage to the panel on the lower left quadrant and some pretty nasty light leaking in the upper right from the enclosure being bent. Not really in position to purchase a new TV but would LOVE info on getting it repaired.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can contact a local authorized repair center using this link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

userHYvhEFEucb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My UN55KS8000FXZA has the same problem as so many other people in this thread. Vertical blue and green lines covering most of the screen on all inputs, including menus. The TV just went bad after 2+ years of working fine. I've checked various input sources and swapped cables, but the problem persists.

It's very frustrating that a supposedly high-quality TV becomes 100% unusable right after the warranty coverage period. Considering how many other people have the same exact issue, Samsung must know this is a widespread factory defect with the panels in this model.

Can someone at Samsung please help with out-of-warranty repair, please? 

@SamsungLarry  @SamsungJam  @SamsungHeath  @SamsungGill  @SamsungDarius  @SamsungRei 

Thank you in advance!

20190923_122937 (1).jpg20190923_122947 (1).jpg20190923_122956 (1).jpg