cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Vertical Color Bands on UN55KS8000FXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My local repair shop confirmed that my UN55KS8000 had a bad main board (like so many other units referenced in this and other threads). Upon calling Samsung customer service, was told by level one rep and her supervisor they would do nothing for me. TV was only a bit over 3 years old. Moving to a different brand.

Highlighted
Constellation

colored vertical lines all across screen - no picture

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our samsung UN55SKS8000F went belly up one week ago - the ONLY picture evident is vertical (multicolored) lines.  No matter which input I choose that's is what I see - vertical lines.  I have placed information on your forum but not gotten any answer after responding with the model and serial numbers.  I am still interested in any input you may provide concerning this problem but so far this seems to be a one way conversation.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: colored vertical lines all across screen - no picture

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have not gotten the requested information to further assist you as of yet. Please make sure that you aren't responding to the notification email as the responses go to a DO NOT REPLY box. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Tv suddenly started showing vertical lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model - UN55KS8000

I thought a good brand 4K TV like Samsung would last atleast 5 years.

Got this tv in november 2016. A few weeks back was watching the tv and out of no where the display blacked out for a few seconds and instead of a picture, just saw varying vertical lines of different colors. 

Tried to schedule an appointment with a samsung approved technician here in San Francisco. I reluctantly agreed for him to come home and check tv during covid situation.  

He came in and probably looked at the tv for 5seconds and said I need to get a new panel. And charged me $100 for the visit. He was a nice guy and asked me to talk to samsung. 

When I called Samsung, they said a new panel would cost me $800! That's a price of a new tv! 

I requested them to provide an alternative solution or cover it in extended warranty, but there was nothing the person on the phone could do. Again, nothing against the customer care person. Just expected a bit more empathy from Samsung during this crazy covid situation. 

I was a big samsung fanboy. Have the phone, tablet, watch, tv etc. Was planning on getting my next chromebook from samsung as well. After this incident, not inclined to used more products. 

Highlighted
Constellation

No picture. Vertical lines on KS8000 55 inch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sound but no picture, just multicolored vertical lines on KS8000 55 inch.  Just 3 years old.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Shadow line on my tv

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My model is un65ks8500 sn# <HIDDEN> I have a shadow line just to the left of ur logo have done all of the test and it won't go away, for the price I paid i expect better quality than this please help!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

KS8000 Vertical Lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to me yesterday. I turned on the TV to this screen. I tried all inputs with no luck. I've had the TV for a little under 3 years. After reading through the Samsung community, I noticed this is a common problem with this model. Everyone's TVs on the forums seem to be having this issue at around the 3 year mark.  I use Samsung products in our home and they never have failed us. This was a large purchase for my family. It's really disappointing. Could you please provide a solution?

28A12BA6-C3F3-46CB-AA44-E56FD584D233.jpeg