cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If this issue isn't adressed by Samsung I will be starting a classaction lawsuit  for these KS8000 models. There are far too many televisions going down after the 2 year mark. There are various forums, and even people on youtube with the same exact issues! This was a flawed design and for the money spent on these televisions the quality is unacceptable!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I am in the same boat. Bought my Samsung KS8000 Model in November 2016 and around 2.5 years later having vertical lines all over my 55" screen - not able to see anything. To be honest I don´t have time to deal with Samsung customer / repair service after reading the whole threat. I am also very dissapointed by Samsung, especially since most of my electronic items are from Samsung (2 cellphones, tablets, etc...).

I'm curious if there's already a lawsuit I can participate in. The TV was just too expensive to just throw it away. With all the complaints something has to be done. If not, then Samsung will definitely lose many customers and I am one of them. At the moment I still live in the States, but I will move to Europe soon. Customers definitely need to be warned. Also companies like BestBuy, Walmart, Costco, BJ´s, Target, etc... should react to customer complaints and not sell these products until there is an official recall program from Samsung to address this issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same issue here, just stopped working after 2.5 years. Pretty tragic quality of products.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone, I have the same TV with the same problem. Went out last week, it's less than 2.5 years old and no longer under warranty. Samsung authorized a replacement LCD at no charge but I'd have to pay for labor. Was going to be about $200 which I thought was fair. However, the local Samsung service center said the part was out of stock and there was no estimated time for new parts. Samsung then authorized an entire replacement of the TV at no charge. I was told the entire process for getting the new TV would take about 2 weeks to complete.

If you're having this same issue contact the moderator that keeps posting in this thread, I'm sure they will make it right.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same exact issue. My tv was working fine one day and then the next day I go and turn it on and theres the verticl lines. I called samsung and had it sent to my local repair guy and they are trying to say its from water damage. I said to them what do you think I dropped my tv into the toilet or something. Its ridiculous my tv is on a wall.mount 6 feet in the air INSIDE my house. How is it going to get water damage way up there. I have since argued with Samsung for 10 hours explains to then that my tv was not damaged by water. And now finally today I received an email from the serv ice center saying that they DO NOT believe water damage caused this issue. So as of now they escalated my claim so we will see if that helps

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had the same issue on my 55inch 8000 Series 2016 model. Color lines throughout the display on all inputs. Audio was normal. Contacted Samsung and as a 1 time exception they agreed to cover the parts replacement and I had to cover the $160 labor. Tech replaced the panel/display as well as a thin 50+ pin ribbon cable to the main circuit board. I had a feeling that it was just the super thin ribbon cable. Nevertheless the issue was resolved and took approximately 30 minutes total.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I hope these 2 mods can assist with getting my brand new 75" replaced. It has been a month now!! And the replacement was approved but support does nothing.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our TV went out of warranty in 2018 and now it displays only vertical lines.  Have replaced every cable.  Samsung's answer is to pay a technician $100 to diagnose.  A Samsung technician happens to be repairing my Samsung refrigerator for the second time and he also repairs their TV's.  I asked and showed him.  He says that it is the LCD panel.  Obviously, Samsung has a lemon in these TV's and the LCD panels.  I am filing a consumer complaint here in California.  After seeing this thread, I believe that there needs to be a recall.  I am also contacting KNBC and their consumer advocate team.  Perhaps they can warn others not to buy a Samsung TV as Samsung doesn't stand behind them.  A TV that is basically a little over 2 years old should NOT have this major defect.  A picture should not be going out this soon in a TV as expensive as these were when we bought them.  We will be shopping for a new TV and it will not be a Samsung.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userVPkRF3ruwA Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a two year old UN55KS8000FXZA with same vertical lines that was bought April 2017. I called Samsung customer service and they told me I need to pay for repair, which is unacceptable as the tv should last more than two years. There is a flaw in the tv and there needs to be recall on this tv, as there are many people with same issue. I had a pioneer last me 12 years. This is the last time I will buy a Samsung if nothing is done to help resolve the issue. I will also join in class action lawsuit and fill out consumer complaint.