cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like this is a popular issue going on with the Samsung model UN55KS800 tv. We purchased our tv on 12/5/16 and today 12/26/19, the day after Christmas, while watching standard tv, these wonderful colored lines appeared out of nowhere. I called Samsung customer service and they weren't much help at all. They made me take a photo of the tv (seen below) and text it to some phone number for them to review. Next they have you call this third party company to have them repair it for +$900 because it's no longer under warranty which just so happened to expire last year. Am I really at a loss here? Since when have Samsung products been so crappy?  There must be something Samsung can do to recall this defect and eat the cost of the repair of such a luxury tv, that meets its eventual demise at 2-3 years. As a consumer I feel scammed and cheated. Someone please help!!!

C7B00C23-41B8-43EA-AC78-B43F7E2FBDA8.jpeg

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact issue here. TV has been sitting in the same spot since we unboxed it, no physical damage to it. In the middle of watch a TV show, the picture changed to all verticle lines. Basic troubleshooting does not resolve it and phone support is not helpful at all.

Samsung needs to step up their game and acknowledge this issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep same issue ; they won't even respond to your PMs on here either . Samsung really dropped the ball with this I've always been a fan of their products but $1000+ tv that lasts less than 5 years? What a joke 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model UN55KS8000FXZA TV Vertical Colored Lines

TV acquired in 2016, last night turned the TV on and shortly after sound remained fine, but the screen went to Vertical Colored Lines, my experience is just as described on this forum by so many others with this same TV.  Is Samsung still offering help with the cost of the LCD part to repair these sets?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number, along with pictures of the screen symptoms, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:  Samsung contacted me and extended my warranty to replace the LCD on my TV.  The repair has been made, and I am very pleased with the response I got from Samsung!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model: UN55KS8000FXZA

Purchased in August 2016.  Just last night, as we were watching the tv, it flickered and now only shows moving colored vertical lines on all inputs.  Tried to reset it, but nothing helps.  You can still hear the audio.

In 2016 we purchased 6 new Samsung products for our home.  Washer, dryer, refridgerator, double oven, over the oven microwave and this tv.  The dryer stopped working just before the warranty ended and Samsung fixed it.  Last year, the microwave started turning itself on and had a mind of it's own (Google it - it's a real thing!).  Samsung said it was out of warranty and we had to replace a very expensive microwave that was under 2 years old.  Now the tv!  So just over 3 years and 50% of the items have failed.  Very frustrating, since we have been so loyal to the brand.

Anything you can do for us on this tv?  It sure looks like it is an all too common issue on a very pricey (and up until yesterday) glitchy BUT GREAT tv.

Thanks --

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same thing !!! Samsung should be responsible for their customers.Paying such huge amounts of money just to buy the defective engineering products.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here to.  I have the same model TV.

I called customer service twice.

They said they have had no reported problems like this.

i see that this same problem has been reported to this Samsung Community page.

There must be a defect in this TV.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I am having the same issue with my 2016 Samsung un55 ks8000 TV as well has been in the same spot since new love the TV use that as my secondary TV for special viewing turned it on last week about an hour into my show Colors washed out vertical lines appeared unplugged it waited while turn it back on work fine for one show vertical lines appeared again then they disappeared and the screen went dark and just started clicking on and off sound appearing and disappearing with the clicking very disappointed in Samsung products had a wash machine failure to only after 2 years lightly-used sister purchased a $2,000 Samsung refrigerator it lasted 2 years what's going on Samsung? Will be looking to a different brand and double checking make sure they're not from Samsung with a different name.