cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9wfBmOzzwb
Constellation

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi! I have the same problem with my tv (same model)vertical lines and foggy picture after 2 years of use. I called Samsung and they said that sometimes this happens,so I guess is faith not a poor quality product. The next day I got a call and they said that the nearest Samsung technician is 100 miles away and the price to cover repair would be over $1000 so they suggested to buy a new tv. I hope someone will be able to give me at least an answer. Good day!

user4mD0bzGOJl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My UN55KS8500, purchased in early January 2017, did exactly the same thing in under two and a half years.  My 12 year old 40" Toshiba RF350U is still working just fine in the meantime though. Samsung, you obviously had a problem with your LED panels a couple of years back. You should at least cover the cost of the parts. I would not mind paying to have it installed but your "tough luck, sometimes this happens" attitude is not acceptable. The KS8500 was a spectacular set while it worked, but now it has to go to the dump, looking like it is brand new, with no support from Samsung.

20190527_185645.jpg

usermI7u9up9Sq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. I bought the 55" and the 65" KS8000 in Nov 2016. Just got back from vacation, turned on the  55" and it went to a green lines. Removed all the plugs and the lines turned blue. I'm afraid to turn on the 65". Spent a lot of money on getting the higher-end 8000 series. I have been loyal to Samsung products for years. This is very disappointing. Samsung please help! @SamsungGill @SamsungJam . Sent private message with my model s/n details.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've responded to your private message.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userBgZRaNCrkp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-30 at 12.40.12 PM.jpeg

Wow… this is classic case that proves brand loyalty is insignificant in the grand scheme. I bought my UN55KS8000 in June ’16 and started seeing these symptoms the following year but like many thought... eh no way this expensive TV could be a lemon that fast, it’s a Samsung. Did rudimentary process of troubleshooting with the peripherals and the problem seemed to go away for a while… or so I thought. In hindsight, I was just traveling a lot not putting miles on the TV usage wise. I researched online multiple times but apparently used the wrong key words. I run into this thread and to say I’m livid is an understatement. It seems people have mixed results from Samsung addressing this issue. For anyone reading this, we all need to file a complaint with the better business bureau - https://www.bbb.org/. This is beyond ridiculous, it’s clearly a product defect whether some guy in a call center acknowledges it or not. I’m not playing the wait game…. I sent direct messages to the mods. This is simply unacceptable of a big reputable company to treat customers this way. I like others have many other Samsung products; this is being typed on a $1000+ Galaxy Note 9…. Please do the right thing and help.

@SamsungJam @SamsungGill @SamsungHeath 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Feel free to send us a private message as well.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

lucacri
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just an update on my situation.

TV bought less than 2 years ago, a month ago started displaying the vertical bands (on a Sunday). I posted a message here, and a samsung rep contacted me with a "generous" out-of-warranty repair. We scheduled it with Service Quick for 4 days later (Thursday). Service quick did not call me in the alloted time (8:30 to 10 AM) so I called them, and they proceeded to tell me that the tecnician scheduled everyone for 8 pm by mistake so they don't know what's going on, but they'll call me back. They didn't. So i called Samsung, and they get in touch with them, and Service Quick lies and tells them the "part needed has not arrived yet". I call samsung again, and we proceed to do a 3 way call with Service Quick, in which they managed to lie 3 times in the span of 5 minutes: first, they said that they came in the morning (really? How dumb do you have to be to say that with the customer on the phone??), then said that they came between 1 and 3 pm (still, not true since i was home all the time), and then the pearl: "The part is not here yet", to which i asked "So what were you planning on doing here? Just look at the TV and say "Yup it's broken"?" . And then the Samsung rep (Pablo) tells them that the part arrived 2 days prior.

Eventually Pablo hangs up on them, and apologizes. He plans on finding a new technician for me, "in a couple of days". Two days later, Service Quick calls me telling me that they are coming to fix the tv (out of the blue). They come, spend less than 15 minutes replacing the panel without replacing the mated circuit board. They were sloppy. So sloppy that they used my other tv remotes to prop the tv on the table... They close the tv so sloppy that 3 out of 4 corners are 1/8" detached from the panel. They turn it on, see the static picture and leave.

Once they leave, I turn on a tv show and the TV is just showing incredible jitter, rendering it unwatchable. 

I call Samsung again, and for the following 5 days we start a dance where Samsung calls me telling me that they contacted a repair center, and then samsung calls me back saying "Oh no, that repair center can't take your case, so i'll call you back with another one". By now, it's 18 days without a working TV.

Eventually after 3 weeks, I called samsung again, spoke to their ECR group, and they told me that the reason they didn't schedule the repair is because the part needed is in BACKORDER, and no one notified me of that. At this point, i asked for a replacement but apparently their rules are that no replacements should be given for out of warranty BUT they'll try to ask "corporate" for an exception considering the way I was treated. Last Friday (3 days ago) they told me they'll let me know in 24 to 48 hours. 72 hours later, and still no update.

I reminded them that selling a product with a manufacturing defect that comes to life after the warranty is not an excuse (BY LAW) to not fix it and/or repair it in a timely manner.

This is a disgrace. If the TV does not get replaced this week, I'll urge us to contact a class action lawer.

userBMGt0rZIXU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with horizontal blue and green lines (and nothing else) after 2 year of hanging on the wall. That just happened yesterday. I scheduled a repairman to come over with Samsung, but today they cancelled, citing that I didn't agree to the charges, which is a lie - they called and I did. I've just scheduled a new appointment for Mon next week. Meanwhile I've found this thread - this is very disconcerting that customers are mistreated like this. I'll give it a try to have Samsung affiliates check the product, but if there's no traction, will take other steps to get compensated for being sold a busted TV by Samsung.

IMG_0481[5080].jpg.png

userCgtLkb9OqV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Our TV went out of warranty in 2018 and now it displays only vertical lines.  Have replaced every cable.  Samsung's answer is to pay a technician $100 to diagnose.  A Samsung technician happens to be repairing my Samsung refrigerator for the second time and he also repairs their TV's.  I asked and showed him.  He says that it is the LCD panel.  Obviously, Samsung has a lemon in these TV's and the LCD panels.  I am filing a consumer complaint here in California.  After seeing this thread, I believe that there needs to be a recall.  I am also contacting KNBC and their consumer advocate team.  Perhaps they can warn others not to buy a Samsung TV as Samsung doesn't stand behind them.  A TV that is basically a little over 2 years old should NOT have this major defect.  A picture should not be going out this soon in a TV as expensive as these were when we bought them.  We will be shopping for a new TV and it will not be a Samsung."

I am right there with you on this sir. The response by Samsung on this issue has been disgusting so far. I was offered free labor to install the LCD Panel that cost more than the TV!!! 

Now they are no longer responding to my messages.

jp6264
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a UN55KS8000FXZA that is displaying the vertical lines now as well. Is anyone having any luck getting these fixed? I feel we should be getting  more than 2 1/2 years out of the tv.