cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J3zur0mada
Constellation

KS8000 Vertical Lines.

I was in the middle of watching amovie last night and the tv flickersed and went a shade of green with a green bar up top near the bezel.

After about 2 minutes it showed the vertical lines just like everyone has. Bought my tv about 2.5 years ago for $1300.

The tv has been kep tin immaculare shape as it means more to me than my car. I have been a VERY loyal samsung customer having countless $1000 note series phones microwaves and other. 

I fully expected this tv to last more than 2.5 years and seeing that everyone else is experiencing the same thing around the same time is super disheartening and honestly unacceptable. 

I want to resolve this as easy as possible as the warrantly is more than likely expired but it does not make sense to charge for the repair when it's a known issue. Moderators please reach out and help get this problems addressed. I have spend literal THOUSANDS on samsung products and don't want to have to go with another brand. 

If any of you have had any luck with this please comment below with your experiences. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Haughk
Constellation

My old one used to do it. A smack to the top right corner...

My old one used to do it. A smack to the top right corner would clear it up for awhile. Its An easy fix if you take the cover off the TV there is a ribbon cable that gets loosely from the heating cooling making the tv swell and shrink all you have to do is reseat the cable (VERY CAREFULLY because the break easily) and like hot glue that ribbon cable so it doesn't move. There are videos on YouTube showing you how to fix it.

Good luck with Samsung doing anything about it because all they really care about is the money not their customers...

J3zur0mada
Constellation

Re: My old one used to do it. A smack to the top right corner...

That what I have noticed by going thru 9 pages of forums so far. If all else fails I'll have to do it myself because I'm not throwing away an impeccable tv. looks like it came straight out of the box even almost 3 year later.  Baffls me how nothing has been done about it but thanks man much appreciated.