cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersj5RrY47Xe
Astronaut

Re: KS8000 Won't Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have a 55” KS8000 that have the same symptoms.. I also bought it at Costco 2/2017.. they TS with me on the phone and supposed to send a tech with the possible replacement components.. but if it is the panel I don’t think they will bring it with it..  I’m within the 2 years warranty. Do they offered you to get a refund? 

Thanks

userPK2JlAGBQC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had the same type of issue. Power cycling. Replaced the main board and power board. Still this same issue of pwoer cycling. Panel has definatley crapped out. Wonderful company if their quality is this good.

userKPCmzZugfD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this same issue, Samsung support blows and I was stuck with a giant $1300 paperweight 1 month after warranty expired... never again

userpxf1Z7g6yT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in the same boat with my un65ks8000.  15 months of great tv, but for 1600$ I probably could have rented it for 100$ a month.  I dont get how the repairs could be so costly, and how unbelievably useless Samsung customer service can be.   Samsung, am I supposed to just throw this 1600$ paperweight away?  All you can offer is to pay more money for a tech rep to tell me it will cost 1k to repair?  Cant believe I'm looking forward to getting rid of a pair of S9 phones for Apple instead.   Will never buy your products again, and hope no one else does either.

userAhro07dnnw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i feel your pain. My TV has the exact same issue as of yesterday at exactly the 16th month timeframe.I am also seeing more of these issues pop up online recently so it seems like a design flaw

userAhro07dnnw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

update: went to the tech and said the panel was out of order and not worth fixing. Tech also told me that this model has been known to have this issue. What is Samsung doing? Selling a high end TV that dies after 16 months of use. More and more of the same issue is popping up online. Hopefully this will lead to a class action lawsuit. 

userXsKyFmvQBL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

New to the forums, but my TV is exhbiting the same thing and its only a year and 4 months old. I am very annoyed as the TV was expensive and Samsung has done nothing to help me even thought its just outside of their warranty window. I am hoping that this thread can help as this is clearly a larger issue with the product they released and not a specific situation nor how I treated the device. 

Highlighted
user0UZM5QANWi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

exact same thing happening to me, and warrenty just expired in May 2018 and ive told that repair will cost of out my pocket if it even can get repaired. tv not even 2 years old 

userkGNeiuNlZ1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

isn't the Warranty for TVs 3 years? This is the case in Singapore. I have the same issue - not being able to turn on the unit at all. What a disappointment. It is only 1.5 years old. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userkGNeiuNlZ1 I would be happy to look into this further. Can you please send a private message with the full model and serial numbers of the television here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV