cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereP8hnaMwDJ
Constellation

Re: KS8000 Won't Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same issue has happened to my tv UN65KS8000 within 2 years of buying the TV. I should have bought the TV from costco for their extended warranty. This definitely is a product issue from Samsung and they should accept it. I have checked with couple technicians as well and they have clearly mentioned that it is a known product issue with this tv model.

I am totally interested in filing a class action Lawsuit, if we all get together then we should be able to pull this together. I will be watching this thread for further inputs from folks.

userVXi9YVxZou
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm about to hit two years, and this just happened to me. This is poor quality  

userbvGGj6DDKN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

did you ever get your tv fixed? mine is doing the same thing

userAUamD297Mg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If anyone is looking to start a lawsuit, add me to the list!   My 65KS8000 started the power cycle BS the other day.-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwsYLCeyNI8   It does seem that the panel is bad and will cost more to repair than buying a new tv.  Samsung is obviously aware of this flaw but unwilling to repair anything. I will be in contact with some consumer advocacy groups.

Looking for a fix. My Samsung UN65KS8000FXZA tv is turning on and off by itself at irregular intervals. There is no image on the screen. You can just see the backlight going on and off. I removed the batteries from the remote control to eliminate that. I can see no obviously damaged components on
userBSk77YMBhM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here.  I’m in UK, had the TV exactly 2 years today. Samsung support couldn’t help and I’m awaiting a service engineer coming to visit (at my cost) and will update if I get any further than it sounds like you have.  Very disappointed.

usergMqoQIv3Bo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same TV here. Failed today. Support just wants to point me to a local service center. 

This is unacceptable, Samsung. $2k television that didn't last two years.

userAUamD297Mg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happy-ish Update

DO NOT let Samsung customer support push you around.  Remember that the first person you talk to CAN NOT do anything about out-of-warranty products PERIOD so you HAVE to go over their head.

When I posted that Samsung told me that they would not fix my tv because it was out of warranty I failed to mention that I did the Live Chat Support thing and it obviously did nothing. I decided on a different approach and it worked. It may not work for everyone but I KNOW that Samsung is aware of the power-cycling flaw if for no other reason than the amount of the same complaint on their service page.

This time I filled out the online service request form. The first thing I did was lie about the purchase date to show that it was still under warranty. The reason I did this was because you could see on the bottom of the form Out Of Warranty with the correct puchase date and it would say Under Warranty with the wrong date. My logic was that if I submitted the form with the expired date, then the website would just send me to a page of links to service centers. With the wrong date- I got a ticket number and that is VERY important!! I got an email confirming my ticket number with a phone number for me to call.

Called with my TN and the guy was all "out of warranty- sorry about your disappointment. I explained that I already had the screen replaced under warrany in July 2017 and this was unacceptable. Trust these people when they tell you that they can not help you. I asked him to escalate my issue and he was more than happy to forward my call to his supervisor. The supervisor was also all "out of warranty and sorry." At this point I read him that bit from my last post that came from a tv tech about all the parts that need replaced based on my symptoms. He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back saying (which I am almost SURE he was reading from a script), "Since you are a loyal Samsung customer, we are giving you a "one-time accomodation" for all parts BUT I have to pay for labor. I may have been able to fight the paying for labor bit but I was too happy to know I won't have to toss the entire unit in the trash. Only question now is how much labor is gonna cost but I should know when the service center contacts me within a couple days.

userAUamD297Mg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Service update #1. It is a bummer that I had to put #1 on there because that means there will be at least a #2.

The contractor that Samsung uses here is called Service Quick. The tech that came today is named Bilal. We had a huge language barrier so there wasn't much chitchat. He replaced the main board first with no results. He replaced the power supply with no results. He did not bring a new screen. It is working out exactly like the eBay tv guy told me- EVERYTHING is bad and needs replaced together. Bilal took out the new main board and power supply and put my old stuff back in. He will be back on April 16th with cables and a screen. The reason it is gonna be the 16th is because of MY schedule and not Service Quick's.

Stay tuned........

Highlighted
userloq7QgkKNR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV shut its self off a few times and now it wont turn on at all, the standby light is not on at all so I'm assuming it's not getting any power. This is an expensive TV and I have dozens of Samsung equipment through out my house. I would hate to stop  buying all things Samsung because of it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot. It should help.