cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPLDQZHvgeY
Asteroid

KS8000 power cycling issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my KS8000 in Q1 2017, less than 2 years later it seems my KS8000 has succumbed to this dreaded power cycling issue that so many others on this forum have also experienced.  

I called Samsung customer support went through all troubleshooting attempts and was told to contact a local Samsung affiliated third party technician on my dime. It's really sad that as customers we spend thousands of dollars on these tvs, and on average it seems this model craps out between one to two years after purchase. Just outside of the warranty.   And Samsung does not help or has not offered to assist on what is most certainly a manufacturing defect.

Unfortunately this is not my first experience with a Samsung tv crapping out. I lost my 2012 LCD due to a capacitator issue that was wide spread. Last time I gave Samsung the benefit of the doubt and bought another expensive Samsung tv a few years later.  This time, I'm not so sure I can continue supporting this brand.  Hope Samsung can make this right.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: KS8000 power cycling issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Repairs are the only solution if troubleshooting is not successful. Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
user17HdTYyGlH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with this exact TV, tried replacing main board and power board but it did not solve the problem. I'm at a loss right now and of course it happened 2 months out of warrenty .

user5mvHenIUdp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UN49KS8000FXZA here with same issue. Mine's been sitting for 11 months because it happened just out of warranty and Samsung was no help.  Mine flashes on then off immediately. Repeat.

Any solutions out there?  I took rear panel off and inspected the main and power board and they look fine. All ribbon cables are seated well.

userPLDQZHvgeY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Allegedly when this issue happens the main board and power board have to be replaced with a new panel (which is about $900) because it is a timing issue.  Where all components have to be calibrated together.

userI9gqNs77Ok
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 2016 65KS8000 started doing this tonight.  Has anyone opted to repair for the $900?  And if so, how long will Samsung warranty the repair parts??

userPLDQZHvgeY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am actually 2 weeks outside of credit card extended warranty.  My father-in-law has the same tv, hopefully his does not quit on him as well.  Samsung needs to make this right. Or they could face a similar class action lawsuit like they did in 2012 for the capacitator problem on LCD, Plasma, and DLP tvs.   Unfortunately, I still not have heard anything back from them via this thread. 

I went and purchased a Sony 65inch X9000F series on Monday - could have been $1700 to Samsung.  

user5mvHenIUdp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My problem began with a thick black vertical stripe appearing on right side of screen -- classic symptom of the bonded tab along bottom delaminating from the LCD panel (poor quality) which deteriorated into the set going into the boot loop.  The detached ribbon gives a panel error and tells the mainboard to power down into protection mode. I've learned all of this from extensively reading about other Samsung owner's problems with identical symptoms.

It can either be repaired by replacing the panel (and mainboard, I've read, which incorporates the t-con now) or you can attempt a repair which is next to impossible.

Panel is $500 and change and mainboard around $100 so it just doesn't make sense to do the repair given TV prices now AND there's no guarantee that the panel will fail again another year and a month later.  It was a beautiful set but a $1k TV should last more than 13 months.  My 1st and last Samsung.  Go with LG and not mass produced Samsung junk.

userbvGGj6DDKN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem , and they will not help.

userAUamD297Mg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's try to get everyone on the same page as this flaw is unacceptable.   https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/KS8000-Won-t-Turn-On/m-p/367752#M2599

aramirez0425
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This tv was a gift to me two years ago so am obviously out of warranty . What can I do?