cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

KS8500 (55" curved, 2016) no longer will bluetooth pair with new headphones.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My parents have a KS8500 (2016, 55" curved TV).  They had previously connected a pair of bluetooth headphones for listening to the TV.  Those headphones failed and they acquired a new pair of headphones (and then a different new pair).  Neither of the new headphones would pair with the TV.  The second set is the exact type I have paired with my LG TV. Both the new headphones were able to be successfully paired to other devices, so we have ruled out that they are not functioning.

We did do a factory reset on the TV but that did not help.  Anyone else experience this?  Any solution?

Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: KS8500 (55" curved, 2016) no longer will bluetooth pair with new headphones.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My apologies after further research of the headphones it is stating that you will need a separate Bluetooth transmitter to use with the TV. You can find that information on the Amazon website. https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Headphones-Comfortable-Rechargeable-Microphone/dp/B07C48ZYXR

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: KS8500 (55" curved, 2016) no longer will bluetooth pair with new headphones.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can I have your full model number and current software version number? Also can I have the brand of headphones that you have purchased?> 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model # is UN55KS8500FXZA    

Software version is T242

Headphones were Mpow BH162A

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My apologies after further research of the headphones it is stating that you will need a separate Bluetooth transmitter to use with the TV. You can find that information on the Amazon website. https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Headphones-Comfortable-Rechargeable-Microphone/dp/B07C48ZYXR

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's confusing to me as the TV has bluetooth capability and was previously connect to a different headphone (that failed).  Is there a list of compatible headphones that we can look at to determine which ones to buy that will work with the TV?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My apologies some headphones have different Bluetooth capabilities, there are different headphones that you can look up on Amazon that are able to connect to the TV but there is not definite list that will have every compatible pair of headphones for the TV.