JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

KS8500 65” Random growing huge black cluster of dead pixels.

(Topic created on: 9/30/20 4:31 AM)
userEhN7JNOs2f
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I purchased a Samsung 65" curved 4k QLED TV back in November of 2016. It's an expensive beautiful TV and I've had no problems at all with it up until recently now that the warranty has ran out.

. Out of nowhere a small cluster of what appeared to be dead and stuck pixels appeared on the screen originally black and some blue pixels. I tried everything I could to see if I could get the pixels unstuck but nothing worked.

slowly but surely, the spot began to grow in size and the ammount of dead pixels has now more than doubled and keeps getting larger. It looks like its making a long strip across the TV thats just dead. The pixels now have absolutely no color to them and you can still see which pixels are dead even when the screen is off. Why does the spot keep growing? Is my screen done for? I haven't even owned it for 4 years yet and i'm afraid this extremely expensive beautiful TV is pretty much done for and im afraid the whole screen is about to go.

I currently own multiple Samsung TVs as well as  Monitors and some of these I've owned for almost 10 years now and have never experienced anything like this! I understand a dead pixel here or there after years of use is normal - but this is a cluster of probably over 100 pixels in the same spot that continues to grow and appeared literally out of nowhere!

The TV has been mounted up on a wall and babied from the day it was opened.

Please  help! Any help is appreciated. Attached are some pics so you can see how it has grown. Any idea what is going on?

DEC3D308-B8E3-4AF9-854F-67A73490F17A.jpeg

F116B2DB-762F-46EF-84B9-22135A8BB099.jpeg

AC1CE5A6-1CCB-4D6F-B268-6FD406BCEE39.jpeg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, if this occurs on all sources and during the picture test this will require service. You have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, if this occurs on all sources and during the picture test this will require service. You have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userEhN7JNOs2f
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

So after doing some tests and research on this I found out it isn't an issue with dead pixels - the lcd is actually leaking inside the panel which is why the spot is growing and also why it is visible even when the screen is turned off. There is no crack anywhere on the screen nor has it ever been dropped or hit which points to the lcd itself being defective. Of course this all happens after the warranty for the TV has expired. 
I find it ridiculous and unbelievable that such an expensive high model TV has such defects in it after only 3 years. In order to fix this I would have to get the whole panel replaced which is even more costly than buying a new tv of the same quality. 
Disappointed in Samsung and will not be buying again if these high end models are this cheaply made and faulty. 
If you've somehow atumbled upon this thread - Save yourself the money and the time and go with a different brand. You won't get any help at all. Samsung has seriously gone down in quality.

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I would be more than happy to look into this more for you. Could you send me a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

userEhN7JNOs2f
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Sent you a pm.

0 Likes
userHHNgk6eimZ
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This is the exact same thing that is happening to our 65 inch!! Exactly at the same time the warranty is expired. Just like you we have all Samsung products and the new tv my husband has his eyes on is Samsung.! I'll be telling him about how many other people are conveniently having the same trouble. Kind of like Apple making the older model phones act up so you have to upgrade.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We would be happy to look into this further.  Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes
userEhN7JNOs2f
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I've tried sending you a PM already, never got a response. A different mod replied and asked for my serial and model numbers. I replied a week ago and have yet to receive a reply / nothing has happened. This is the third time I'm attempting to pm you again. Hoping this time I can actually get a reply.

0 Likes
userEhN7JNOs2f
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This is very obviously a defect - the screen is perfectly in tact and yet the liquid is still leaking and making the spot bigger and bigger. I've been trying to get in contact with the mods that keep saying to PM them here - but they never seem to answer so I've pretty much lost hope at this point. A future proof TV that cost almost $2000 should not die within 3 years. I understand dead pixels are a thing - but this is nowhere near a dead pixel issue. 
Here's another recent pic showing how it keeps spreading.
And a pic of how it is still visible when the TV is shut off.TV Turned off - leak still visible.TV Turned off - leak still visible.
Honestly at this point my trust in Samsungs' products has dropped to the point I think I'll be switching to different companies. Sad to say - Samsung has always had quality products in the past. But if you cant even acknowledge there is a defect in your product and do right by your customers - why bother being loyal?Leak spreading.Leak spreading.

0 Likes
SNT13
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
what type of tests can I do with my one year old 55" samsung. mid screen there appears a reddish swipe across middle screen which is over entire middle . vertical and horizontal big swipe, it is very upsetting. what can I do?
0 Likes