JUMP TO SOLUTION

The model number is UA65KS8500K.

Thanks

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: KS8500 - expert settings - color mode - lock out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information that could be why we were having some troubles getting the best information for you, as your device is not a US model somethings will be different for the TV I would recommend reaching out to your country community page for further support. You can use this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ill link to the other forum.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried changing the picture mode? I do not own the UA65KS8500K, but on the Q70, the picture settings you are allowed to modify vary depending on which "picture mode" is selected

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, thnx for the reply.

When in PC mode, which is auto detected, it only allows for 2 modes, standard and dynamic.

These 2 modes dont allow for the full color options and its greyed out.

I can only change it when it is on Console mode for example, but then other settings change as well. But may be what I am looking for is in console mode?

But as you with all these different sources (can edit source to be called PC or console, or blu ray device), such as console mode, vs PC mode among other modes, they are set to certain contrainsts based on how it is meant to be used. 

But if console mode offers the same as PC mode but more options, then that is what I am looking for. I just wanted to get the same options I had before when in PC mode with full color. I also saw videos of people when in PC mode have the full color for the Q70R, which is why i here with the query as well.

Also, apparently this model, even though it is a samsung, and should follow the samsung quality standard, was manufactured out of the US. So I am still waiting for the Middle East samsung to reply to me. I think due to the corona situation, they are not replying, but not sure what is going on.

Thnx, and if you know any info for Console vs PC mode, that would be nice.

For example:

"The Q70R will usually detect when it is connected to a PC, and will automatically enter PC mode, to ensure proper chroma 4:4:4 support. You can also manually enable PC mode by changing the input icon to 'PC.' In PC mode, some settings are disabled, including many picture settings, and there are only two Picture Modes: 'Standard', and 'Dynamic'."

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q70-q70r-qled/settings

So it seems there is a need to have PC mode on when using a PC, but I am guessing a console is similar?

Anyways, thnx