Original topic:

Ks8000 blown again

(Topic created: 05-26-2021 03:59 PM)
usergTdeFCCEFB
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Blown resistors causing vertical lines. This is such a widely known fault, I have had this issue twice now, why didn’t Samsung recall this model? Is this a safety concern? How much am I going to have to keep tossing at this tv to keep it running?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help does this occur on all sources and during the picture test? If it does this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
usercEfpZoPCVk
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
All that needs to be done is replace 2 resistors. It took me around 15 minutes to completely repair it. If you want more information, let me know.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help does this occur on all sources and during the picture test? If it does this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes