Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamiecoop1967
Cosmic Ray

Latest Firmware Update? 1260.8?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a QN55Q8FNBXZA television. 

My firmware is update 1251.

The Samsung site shows update 1260.8 as available for download, but when I select “Software Update” and “Update Now” the television states there are no updates available.

Samsung Customer Support says Update 1260.8 is an “offline Update”

and can only be installed by using a USB drive. 

Any thoughts on update 1260.8 installation or if I am better off waiting to update (when it becomes available) to see if 1260.8 is stable?

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Latest Firmware Update? 1260.8?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Updates are rolled out based on region to prevent overloading the servers. If it shows that no updates are available, the update has not been released to your region. 

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This basically would boil down to a personal decision. We recommend customers to update their devices when they become available. However, there is nothing wrong with waiting until you hear back from other community members regarding the update. Notes for the update for 1260.8 is below.

- Improved usability 1. Improved browser performance 2. Improved app performance 3. Improved stability 4. Improved usability of input devices

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

jamiecoop1967
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for responding. 

For me, the issue is the discontinuity between the Samsung website showing an update, but neither the television nor Samsung Customer Support can locate the update or offer any useful insight into availability.

As I typed this, I attempted to update the television but the television states that no update is available at this moment. 

Thank you again.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Updates are rolled out based on region to prevent overloading the servers. If it shows that no updates are available, the update has not been released to your region. 

jamiecoop1967
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge.

I shall relax for a bit. 

userolI5eSghfu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When is the roll out for the Central USA?? Still nothing. Can i download on a flash drive.. ?? I did last time.  Because of the April Roll out not working Either.  

Bigboy7274
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All this firmware update did is mess up my picture quality on my Q8fn !!!!!!!That needs to be fixed...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would like to look into this,  Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

jamiecoop1967
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What specific elements of your picture were messed up by update 1260.8?

When did you update the TV or was it an auto-update? 

To date, I have not noticed any changes, positive or negative, related to an upgrade to 1260.8. I can’t recall the date that I installed the update, but it was wiithin the last week.  

Bigboy7274
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Q8fn picture dimmed down especially on my movie apps it updated on it's own even when I had the  auto update off i took it of line and it still updated it...it's been about a week since it updated ..So you have had no problems with the dimming??? I am not the only one that has encountered problems similar to this