JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Left side of my tv screen is way darker then the rest of the screen.

(Topic created on: 8/7/19 12:15 AM)
userIbhtih51Kq
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

So as of today August 7th 2019 at 2:12 am I updated my tv to the newest software 1260 and after it finished the left side of my screen is way darker than the rest of the screen. I tired turning it off then back on as well as going through the settings and nothing is fixing it. I've only had the tv brand new since February of this year. No problems up til this happened. Please help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello, try the following:

Is the unit pulled into a surge protector? If so, try plugging the unit directly into the wall.

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Does this happen on all sources?

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

126 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Can you provide the model number of the TV? Have you already tried replacing the HDMI cable of the TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usernoMrIFZrzo
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I found on my TV that when the screen was darker on one side I took and swapped the ribbon cable's connected on the t-con board to the led strips at the bottom of screen and the screen was messed up on the other side.  So I replaced the 2 ribbon cables and the screen was fixed.  Try changing the ribbon cable's for new ones.  You will have to disassemble the TV to do this.

0 Likes
usereh2sU8m1Wl
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

What are ribbon cables and where can u purchase them?

0 Likes
user9M8urC0OSQ
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same issue. Do you have to take the whole back off or just the small panel at the bottom in the center?

0 Likes
userCopZBcvNkK
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

UN65NU6070 same issue,  left side dark

0 Likes
userkMDKWQ5GxT
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Were you able to find out what the problem was? We are having the same problem now...

0 Likes
userrichkid
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same problem here 

0 Likes
userCopZBcvNkK
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same issue here.  Left 20 percent of the screen significantly darker than the rest.  Just started today for no reason. TV is roughly a year old.  

SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send pictures of the screen symptoms to this PM Link.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes