cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Light bleed UN55JS8500

My $2k+ TV is also bleading light.

Will Samsung support it?  Its about 4 years old?

Anyone have an estimate for cost to repair?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Light bleed UN55JS8500

The service center would provide the estimate for the repair. Are you able to provide an image of the symptom for us? Also, have you noticed any separation of the display and the panel?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung.jpg

@SamsungTam wrote:

The service center would provide the estimate for the repair. Are you able to provide an image of the symptom for us? Also, have you noticed any separation of the display and the panel?

No separation but it is really hot to the touch.  I'm afraid to leave it on for too long.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Understood. Can you send us a private message to the link below with your serial number?

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Dear Samsung

My UE55JS9000 TV has the same symptom, at the edge there is more light and the middle of the screen there is no backlight.

The edges of the TV are very hot!

Do you have any solution for it? In Hungary, the services cannot repair it.

Thank you 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks! 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

web.png

Highlighted
Constellation

Same boat as you, UN55JS8500 and left side insane light bleed. Starting on the right side now as well because the sides of the TV get so hot.. This is clearly a defect and we should be reimbursed or have our ~3yr old "SUHD" TVs repaired because $2K should last more than 3yrs of use..

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model code and serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same TV and the same problem with the bleed, and it gets hot. What was the solution to fixing the heat and bleeding problem?