JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-09-2020 05:17 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
user9iI8mCFpiL
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

4 years in and very bad light bleed.  Samsung said they will not do anything to help outside of me paying for a costly repair.  I will buy Sony from here on out.  Apparently a 3 thousand dollar TV should only last 3 years...the only customer service worse is LG!

0 Likes
userWj2vpEQtKS
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Im having this exact same issue. Just started about a month ago. The main thing im concerned about is how hot the back of my tv is getting. Its not blistering hot but a little uncomfotable to the touch. From the reviews ive read it sounds like this is a known issue.

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can you send me a private message with your model and serial number? I would love to look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user5jNavLqaHy
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Like many others, I've noticed significant light bleed from the edges on my 65" JS8500 that I bought in September of 2015. It is not acceptable and I'm wondering given how common it is if it's a defect associated with this model. Is there anything that can be done? Thanks.

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can you provide the full model and serial number of the TV? Also, can you provide some photos of the light bleed as well as verifying if this appears on all sources, inputs, and the picture test?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
BruinRogue
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After years of working just fine, I'm now seeing light bleeds along the left panel that started first as a line along the panel and is now showing flaring out into the center of the screen. Best Buy extended warranty has expired conveniently. Paying almost $2000 after tax for a set that will only last just more than 4 years is terrible especially when my 15 year Sony LCD and 10 year Panasonic 32 incher are still working pristinely. I'm really hoping this is not going to be a costly repair or replacement. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

leftleftleftleft

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your serial number so that we can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

0 Likes
userc9AQg3aMT7
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue with our UN55JS8500 television. I purchased this television figuring if I spent the extra money ($4000), we would get a reliable, high quality television to replace our defective Sony LCD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
BruinRogue
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Wish I could help you but I'm not getting any support from Samsung in the last 2 weeks.

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello @BruinRogue,

We have been trying to get in touch with you since Jan. 9th and haven't heard anything back from you. Feel free to send us a private message with your information. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes