JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 02-04-2020 01:22 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
Fireshark
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This started happening to me last summer and has continued to get worse.  I've been a long time purchaser of samsung products but this has been highly disappointing.  This tv early runs hotter then it should.  I'm recording temperatures in excess of a 150 degrees on the edges.

Just had a other Samsung tv die on me today.  That lasted a much more reasonable 8+ years and cost far less then this one did.  Previously I'd only be looking at new Samsung's but my issues and apparently a significant amount of other people's issues with these tvs gives me pause.

IMG_0569.jpg

20200125_004308.jpg

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I completely understand how frustrating this must be. Please feel free to send us a private message with your serial number so that we can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userpnmcSiibZw
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue. Light bleeding on both sides of the television and a purple hue from top to bottom edge on both the left and right side of the tv. I've only had the tv for 4 years! I would think that for the money I spent, it would've lasted a little longer...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Obviously more pronounced when the backlighting is fully lit

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userpnmcSiibZw  We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userNBgROmGziQ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue. Light bleeding on both sides of the television. It's really frustrating and it is becoming worse everyday.

0 Likes
user04tptH4Cpg
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I too have the same issue with light bleed from my UN65JS8500 which is only 3 1/2 years old. Has anyone had any success with fixing the issue/getting help from Samsung?

0 Likes
Samsung_gaC2UbL
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have same problems 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If you're experiencing these symptoms please feel free to reach out to private message!  http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user9zjRQbA9jj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

People don't waste your time. I sent Samsung all the info they requested via PM and never heard back now over a month ago.

user6kXsA4sh17
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue with my UN55JS850D that is now just barely over three years old. It's pathetic Samsung has not officially addressed this issue and sent out a bulletin to everyone who purchased this junk. There should be a recall or offer of a free replacement for these faulty TVs. I personally don't have the money to waste fixing something which ultimately failed because it was haphazardly made. It's obvious by now there's a major problem with the design, manufacturing and/or components of these TVs.

This problem needs to be fixed for myself and the countless other customers who've spent thier hard earned money on TVs which shouldn't look terrible after only a few years. 
Samsung can't simply ignore this issue and brush it off as "it's out of warranty" - they are well aware this is not an isolated case.

With that said I truly hope Samsung will come to thier senses and realize this has class action lawsuit written all over it. They need to make things right. Corporations need to be held accountable for what is completely thier fault.