cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Light bleeding through UN65JS8500 screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm experiencing the same issue with my UN55JS850D that is now just barely over three years old. It's pathetic Samsung has not officially addressed this issue and sent out a bulletin to everyone who purchased this junk. There should be a recall or offer of a free replacement for these faulty TVs. I personally don't have the money to waste fixing something which ultimately failed because it was haphazardly made. It's obvious by now there's a major problem with the design, manufacturing and/or components of these TVs.

This problem needs to be fixed for myself and the countless other customers who've spent thier hard earned money on TVs which shouldn't look terrible after only a few years. 
Samsung can't simply ignore this issue and brush it off as "it's out of warranty" -- they are well aware this is not an isolated case.

With that said I truly hope Samsung will come to thier senses and realize this has class action lawsuit written all over it. They need to make things right. Corporations need to be held accountable for what is completely thier fault. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: Samsung offered me a measly amount to put toward replacing the TV. Sorry, but giving me less than 1/4 of what I paid is not good enough. After seeing how much Samsung stands behind their  product they just lost a customer for life.

Moral of the story – never buy anything from [edit]Samsung!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Re: [edit] from moderator

You deleted the word .... before Samsung in my post and took out the poop emoji? Do you honestly believe that censoring us are is going to dig Samsung out of a looming class action lawsuit? Doing these kinds of things only will make it worse, so I would advise not to edit customers posts when they are simply being honest.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a fix for this bleed through around the edges of the TV? I am experiencing the issue on both sides of my tv. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am experiencing this same issue as well on my UN65JS8500.

Side light bleeding throughSide light bleeding throughI own two Samsung monitors and this is our third Samsung TV.  The quality of this one doesn't seem up to par.  Is there anything you can do to help?

Kind regards,

Brian C.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you played with the backlight by any chance?  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did fiddle with the backlight control. it's currently at a setting of 20, when i move it down to 10 the light bleed is reduced but so is the quality of the overall picture.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Samsung,

The appointment went well, the Samsung Tech was here for about an hour. I assisted throughout the process, everything went smoothly.

Here's the box for the panel the tech brought:

Here's the tech removing the boards off of my old panel.

The only issue that was a bit concerning, after removing the panel from the box he brought, was the fact that the panel was a refurbished unit which looked to have the same issue my panel was having, Light Bleed.

Here's what the screen looked like before the repair:

Here's what the screen looks like after the repair:

After it was all put together the picture no longer has the Light Bleed issue (ignore the failed test as it was the only screen where i could get a solid color to see if the light bleed issue was still present, it wasn't)

At this point I'm very happy the screen looks normal again without the annoying Light Bleed. I just hope this panel doesn't start exhibiting the Light Bleed issues again.

Thank you Samsung!

best regards,

devin