JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 03-06-2020 01:30 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
user6kXsA4sh17
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm experiencing the same issue with my UN55JS850D that is now just barely over three years old. It's pathetic Samsung has not officially addressed this issue and sent out a bulletin to everyone who purchased this junk. There should be a recall or offer of a free replacement for these faulty TVs. I personally don't have the money to waste fixing something which ultimately failed because it was haphazardly made. It's obvious by now there's a major problem with the design, manufacturing and/or components of these TVs.

This problem needs to be fixed for myself and the countless other customers who've spent thier hard earned money on TVs which shouldn't look terrible after only a few years. 
Samsung can't simply ignore this issue and brush it off as "it's out of warranty" -- they are well aware this is not an isolated case.

With that said I truly hope Samsung will come to thier senses and realize this has class action lawsuit written all over it. They need to make things right. Corporations need to be held accountable for what is completely thier fault. 

user6kXsA4sh17
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Update: Samsung offered me a measly amount to put toward replacing the TV. Sorry, but giving me less than 1/4 of what I paid is not good enough. After seeing how much Samsung stands behind their  product they just lost a customer for life.

Moral of the story – never buy anything from [edit]Samsung!

user6kXsA4sh17
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Re: [edit] from moderator

You deleted the word .... before Samsung in my post and took out the poop emoji? Do you honestly believe that censoring us are is going to dig Samsung out of a looming class action lawsuit? Doing these kinds of things only will make it worse, so I would advise not to edit customers posts when they are simply being honest.

usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

NUFF SAID!!!   AVOID like COVID.

0 Likes
userVyEfKuJPvx
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is there a fix for this bleed through around the edges of the TV? I am experiencing the issue on both sides of my tv. 

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usermI2DjyQJSR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I am experiencing this same issue as well on my UN65JS8500.

Side light bleeding throughSide light bleeding throughI own two Samsung monitors and this is our third Samsung TV.  The quality of this one doesn't seem up to par.  Is there anything you can do to help?

Kind regards,

Brian C.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.

0 Likes
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Physical damage due to heat.  Unrepairable.  Avoid Samsung.  They will do nothing.

0 Likes
user5PPvKiWIqx
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the exact same issue. I expected much more from the top of the line Samsung TV. I need to get this corrected. Who at Samsung can help me?

Model Code: UN55JS8500

Software Version: T-HKMAKUC-1550.0

Serial Number: XXXXXXXXX2459K

0 Likes