JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 05-08-2020 10:10 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
userRppWhz6rum
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

@SamsungBri  - It seems I have similar issues with my beloved Samsung curved 65" UN65JU7500F (S/N: <hidden>)

I have had light bleeding issues, as well as color over-saturation for over a year. In the beginning, it happened once in a while and disconnecting and reconnecting power (after powering off) seemed to have reset at least the color oversaturation (mainly red color oversaturation and very high contrast). Lately, the oversaturation is happening every 30-60 minutes, and the light bleed is all the time.  

This is very disappointing since I love my TV and all our Samsung products (all top-of-the-line appliances including 36" induction stove, 4 door refrigerator with a built-in screen, most expensive washer/drier, computer screens, laptops, tablets, and all family phones!).

I followed all the procedures and suggestions numerous times and it doesn't help. I didn't plan to buy a new TV right now (even though the new 85" is very tempting!)

Please advise

0 Likes
usercSrjQCXSik
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Do anyone get a resolution to the bleeding issues?

0 Likes
Samsung_a7U8v3P
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem as everyone else. You would think a company as big as samsung would stand behind there TVs20200116_185721.jpg

0 Likes
userHZJRxzrJt8
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Okay, I thought my 2016 8500 model Samsung TV was starting to look a bit dark over the last few months, but thought the kids may have messed with the settings menu by mistake. I went to use it this past weekend and the picture center is very dark with edge bleed thru as well. After checking my settings and internet research here is where I ended up. Samsung NEEDS to step up and take some actions about this!! 3K for a TV that only lasts 3.5 years and tosses its cookies? I have several Samsung appliances in my home that I purchased the last few years and hope I have better results than this TV.  I have yet to call the warranty dept as it is beyond that period.100_0534.JPG100_0537.JPG100_0539.JPG

0 Likes
samej71
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Clearly a design and/or manufacturing defect is causing this model to fail at approximately 3 years for so many customers. 

I believe Samsung should replace the TVs since they are not repairable with another unit of similar or better specs, even if it's a refurbished unit of some kind.

userHZJRxzrJt8
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I agree totally, a $3000.00 + retail TV failing after 3.5 years of regular use is    absurd!!!  I brought out my 2010 50" Zenith Plasma Battleaxe, powered it up, cabled it up, fresh batteries in the remote and back in buisness!!!  It might be old tecnology, but for the $400.00 it cost me in 2010 and the 6 years of use it provided and it is still working!!   Maybe Samsung should call LG for some ADVICE.....   Unfortunately, I do not think I have the orginal reciept from my  purchase and I am sure the warranty Dept will shoot me down with any help.

0 Likes
userHZJRxzrJt8
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My previous post is gone on this topic. So here it is again..  2016  Model UN65JS8500FXZA  I noticed a few months back that my basement TV started looking dark.  I thought the kids may have messed with the settings by mistake. I went to use it this past weekend and the middle of the screen was dark with edge bleed thru as well. I checked the settings and ended up researching the problem and found out  Samsung has issues with these TV's.  Needless to say, the TV is out of warranty and my set is JUNK... I think a TV that retailed for over 3K should last for more than 3.5 years and Samsung should STEP UP and repair or replace these units for people!!!100_0542.JPG100_0539.JPG100_0534.JPG

MiGal10
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've already spent nearly $2000 fixing things on this TV in the 3 years I've had it. I should have saved my money and bought a better one. 

userHZJRxzrJt8
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yeah, better TV different brand!!!!  I am thinking about opening the back of mine up and replacing the LED's. It is about $200.00 for all the strips.  I just hope that is the only thing it needs.  I will be sure to turn down the back light values to 15 or less as this will prolong the LED's life. I just hate throwing 3k in the dump  because of a design FLAW..  MY 10 YEAR OLD ZENITH IS STILL WORKING MR. SAMSUNG........ AND ONLY COST $400.00 IN 2010!!!!

0 Likes
userut6fpeZAJ6
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

For anyone thinking there's a fix for this forget it. Samsung will jerk you around by asking to send more details and then simply ignore you after you send them information. If you complain about it publicly here they'll censor your posts or just outright delete them completely. 

My advice is never to buy another Samsung product again and it'll be one less person they can rip off. I'm considering filing a complaint with The United States Department of Justice as they have broad powers to investigate fraud such as this.

Good luck to anyone who has this issue; Samsung won't ever see a penny from me again.