JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 05-08-2020 12:04 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
userrWuh0STqXM
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have exactly the same issue with the same TV.  Did anyone find a resolution beside buying another brand and replacing it?

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userrWuh0STqXM I'd be happy to look into this for you! Could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number as well as some photos of the light bleed?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userD9NsYwuYTg
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same here, same tv, same light spots on edges of tv.  I was told the unit is unrepairable and offered $300 For Samsung to buy the tv from me.  Not sure what to do, $300 is insulting offer for a $2000 tv 4 years old. But at the same time it is going to be worthless if the display gets much worse.   I haven't counted the amount of posts on here with the exact same model exact problem but from what I've seen it's a large number, reflecting that it is a manufacturing defect. I would think they would acknowledge this as a defective product and at least offer repair or at least a voucher of a non insulting amount towards purchase of a replacement Samsung tv. At this rate they will be losing loyal Samsung customers.  

samej71
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If you search these forums for "UN65JS8500 light bleeding" you find other threads with many people experiencing this same type of failure with this model at about 3-4 years of ownership.

Clearly a design and/or manufacturing defect is causing this model to fail at approximately 3 years for so many customers. 

I believe Samsung should replace the TVs since they are not repairable with another unit of similar or better specs, even if it's a refurbished unit of some kind.

0 Likes
user8XKJdX6cS8
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the exact same issue on my un65js8500, but mine got worse and so hot that it actually cracked the inner plexus glass behind the screen itself, the sheet that distributes the light evenly across the screen! This sounds like an extremely dangerous manufacturers defect and should immediately be addressed by Samsung. A repair man could easily fix it by replacing that plexiglass part but it is not and was never available from Samsung. After spending so much on a tv this should not happen!

0 Likes
userrHBHCzMObP
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having exact same issue. Was looking into taking it to a repair shop to have it fixed but after looking at this forum it doesn't look like it can be fixed and Samsung does nothing about it. I will look into th class action lawsuit to see how I can get this resolved. My tv has been bright around the edges and dark across the middle for a month now and keeps getting worse and getting hotter. 

0 Likes
userrHBHCzMObP
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having exact same issue. Was looking into taking it to a repair shop to have it fixed but after looking at this forum it doesn't look like it can be fixed and Samsung does nothing about it. I will look into th class action lawsuit to see how I can get this resolved. My tv has been bright around the edges and dark across the middle for a month now and keeps getting worse and getting hotter. 

0 Likes
userriRw956SuX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Dear Support,

This TV is driving me nuts it seems to have gotten very dark recently. Thought might be getting dimmer cause of heavy use over the last 5-6 months but research showed should not dim for 20+ years, not that I need it that long. I did the picture test the same results.

Firestick and Spectrum Cable both HDMI different sources show the same irregularities on the left and right side of the TV. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks 

20200826_233231.jpg20200826_233318.jpg

0 Likes
ABM00n
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Backlight LED damaged.
I recommend taking a service as the LEDs are behind the screen. And removing the display it requires a professional hand due to how delicate it is.
0 Likes
userriRw956SuX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for the reply.

Would that also cause it to be dimmer? And it does not consistently show along the edges. Some days it disappears, it is odd. 

0 Likes