JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 05-27-2020 05:29 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
Mwilliams1985
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung this set cost $3200 in 2015. I am having the same issues and am being offered no support. I have chatted, emailed and spoken to multiple people that say it's is not under warranty and all costs are mine and out of pocket. I asked for this to be escalated and was hung up on and offered a call back that never occurred. I am a long time customer and will not any longer if this is how people are treated after the sale with a known defect.

2CE9BD6C-7CD3-4329-8CE0-610872BDD68D.jpeg

77BAE811-5B4A-42CF-86CB-3E0E30683B94.jpeg

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look int this can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
freddiefritz
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I too have this issue with my edge bleeding on my UN55JS9000. It's been goping on for a long time now, years really but has gotten just worse over time. Now it's so bad I had to look into it and found this forum here with this threaed. I also get the overheating and the tv will shutdown message a lot which also has increased in it's frequency over  time. It's really rather sad honestly, I have the first model of curved tv's that Samsung made downstairs and it is still performing beuatifully and I have never had an issue with it, nor with my other 65" flat screen 4k I own. But this one here is just like everyone elses and was built with whatever bad parts all these models seem to have been built with. I have always been a huge Samsung supporter and almost every electronic that I own is from Samsung if it's something that they make. I would really like to get this fixed and am hoping that the support from Samsung is as good as their products as I think that customer support is just as important ad the products the sell as it is what keeps customers or drives them away in the end. Here are some images I took earlier of my screen. I believe one is with the backlight at 0 and the other at 20. 

tv full bl.jpg

tv bl 0.jpg

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that so that I may look into this can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userckT3ioFp3R
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Wow my tv same thing I didn't know this was such a big thing. How does samsung help out?

0 Likes
user24XLEY2vwC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung customer service has been a nightmare. I have this exact same issue for a longtime now and have been trying to get it resolved since May 2020. They say I will be contacted within 24-48 hours and never do. I have tried emailing various different people and contacting customer service repeatedly with no help. I think my only step is to go to the news media and release all the information on how unsafe this tv is and is a fire hazard inside the house. My friend is a lawyer and said we could get a lawsuit going if this is a recurring issue with multiple people having the same issue on the same unit. 

0 Likes
user2mgirVJpo4
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We have the same exact problem. What will Samsung do ? This TV is 4 weeks old ! 

0 Likes
user2mgirVJpo4
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We have the same exact problem. What will Samsung do ??  This TV is 4 weeks old ! 

0 Likes
freddiefritz
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm not sure why some people have posted in here that Samsung did or would not help them outr with this issue. My tv was bought in 2015 so it was byt far out of warranty when I made my post about 2 months ago. Someone replied here in the thread promptly asking me to pm them some information. I did just that and again I was met with a prompt reply, this time letting me know that they could not get the part or parts needed to fix my television.

But unlike what most people would think and unlike what most other companies would do at this point they didn't leave it at that. They offered to replace my televison instead. I said that would be great and after another email with some pertinent informatioon I was told to take it back to the store where I purchased it for my replacement. I only had rto wait a few days for all the paperworkl to get setup and transferred to the store. 

Obviouslyy there was no way for them to replace my model of televison since it was 5 years old so essentially I was given the original purchase price in store credit to use allowing me to get another televison that is just as nice if not better  than the original and the left over funds  were used for whatever else I wanted in store. Unfortunately the store which I will leave unnamed (but it is definitely not the Best store to buy electronics) has horrendous customer service and I went through a 2 week long ordeal of almost biblical proportions just to get a few of the items price matched of whyich I never was able to get them to do what I was originally told they were going to do so they lost a very vvaluable customer for life and just like I told them I was ggoing to do I am letting anyone I can know just how bad and shady they are with their customers. They even go as far as replacing all  the numbers in your chat transcripts with x's , something that has no need unless  they want to erase any proof you have of things like prices you were quoted so they can deny yopu in the future knowing you have no proof. 

Anyways, apologies for getting off track there it was just that bad of an  issuie with the other store.l But I have to say that  I have always thougght samsung was a great brand because of the  great products they make but now I know that theyu are one of those special companies that are few and far between and will have my loyalty forever. Good luck finding a company out there that would not only take care of an issue you have with their  product you purchased 5 years ago and is out of warranty. But also try to find one that is so responsive and easy to deal with in ordertt for yourr problem to get resolved. 

And I am in no ay employed nor do I know anyone that works for the company, I am just that happyyy with how I was trearted and my problem taken care of that I just had to let anyone  that may stumble upon this thread like I did know.  Obviously I cannot promise that your experience will be the same as mine or that they will even take care of your issue . But if you have the same model # and manufactured timeframe as my television then I am sure that if you post a de3scription of your issue and a fdew images to show how it looks here in this thread, someone will reply soon after and you should be taken care of. Also if  anyone working at samsung reads this and thinks that me posting what they did to fix my issue is not a good thing then please delete my post and let me know and I will make a new one and leave out the details that you feel I should (I understand that some people may think that because their tv has issues that they should get the same resolution as I did when thew situations are totally different) . 

And last but not least i want to thank all of you there at Samsung that helped me both here on the forums and also when I called. Your customer service is the standard that other companies nmeed to frollow if they want to keep their cusrtomers beyytond their original purchase. 

0 Likes
userIqz9P7wfpj
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same bleeding issues on my tv as well. I've actually had it for a while now ever since I bought it back in Nov 2015. It wasn't as bad at first but now comparing it to my friends tv (same model) his screen is perfect while mine has the bleeding on both sides. As well as the tv feeling very hot. I've loved the Samsung TVs and been buying them since the mid 90s but now, I'm not so sure about the quality. 

0 Likes