JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 07-15-2020 11:01 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
user2T1eq2RK6Q
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, I have a UEJS8000 from the beginning of 2016 with the same problem on the sides of the screen as the ones described here recently, with the same manufacturing problem. the rear screws "burn" when touched. What I can do?

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Oh no!!! Regretfully, this forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MiGal10
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same thing and the exact same issue. My spots on the sides are in the same spot and are the same shapes. Different input sources and surge protectors do nothing to help.

This was a VERY expensive TV, I'm extremely unhappy with this...

0 Likes
useru4vkJFrVcu
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Looks like im not the only one that is experiencing this issue.  Any help at all SAMSUNG

0 Likes
wep
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What was wrong 

@uservz3sPED6LK wrote:

Hi, yes tv says it's up to date with v1550

Yes this happens with all sources.

I usually use a surge protector but have removed it to see if that was the cause, but still happens.

It's not an hdmi issue as I mostly use apps built into the tv

0 Likes
Garry7859
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue, what should I do? Considering I did what you recommend.

0 Likes
userPUhHJ6tMU9
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to follow the first set of steps but can only go as far as "self-diagnosis". My tv won't let me select signal information (it's grayed out). Do you have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.  (Software ver. 1550)

0 Likes
user6iopcmP4pH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

is there any help with light bleed  or  even a fix  I have a 55 js9000   and have light bleed down both sides of unit and very hot 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can You send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of your symptoms? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
AlohaTodd
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Aloha,

I started having the same exact problem on the same exact TV a few weeks ago.  The pictures above look exactly like my TV in the same spot.  I know my TV isnt under warranty, but it is fixable by a local authorized Samsung Repair Center?  IF so, what is the estimated cost?

Thansk,

Todd Constantino

0 Likes