JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 08-23-2020 09:11 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
user2NeGbJK9yo
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Joining in on this we just started noticing the same issue on the same model TV. We spent some big money on this TV due to all the good things we heard about Samsung TV's. I would have thought that we would have gotten more years out of this TV... Is the anyway to fix this?IssueIssue

0 Likes
samej71
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@freddiefritz, I'm very happy if Samsung was able to arrange for you to get an in-store credit of the original purchase price so you could purchase a new replacement TV of your choice. I would love for them to extend the same offer to me. I would believe in the Samsung brand again.

As of this time, they are saying they are only going to offer me a small percentage of my original purchase price. Granted, that's better than nothing, but I don't have money right now to throw at a new TV and nobody should have to replace for a TV this age because it failed.

I would truly love to receive the offer you received, too.

0 Likes
samej71
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The UN65JS8500 (which this thread is about) is a 2015 model. If you have a newer model that is truly 4 weeks old, you should be able to open a warranty claim with Samsung to get it taken care of.

0 Likes
usergONds6GrFL
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi,  I'm having some significant edge backlight issues with my UN65JS8500F. I've had the TV it for about 4 years and it's out of warranty period unfortunately. I've attached some photos below.  The problem has been there several months on both sides (Left side worse than Right) but I didn't know what to do about it. I just found this forum this evening and saw some posts with similar issues to mine... see here (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Light-bleeding-through-UN65JS8500-screen/td-...) Please help! 20200813_211442.jpg20200813_211452.jpgInked20200813_212532_LI.jpg

useroO7AM6AAE6
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

2BAD86EA-A01D-4F7A-BF2A-6842BAC53788.jpegsame exact thing! The side of the Tv are so hot they will burn you. This has got to be a safety issue. There are 100s of the same complaint it's clearly a manufacturer defect. What is being done about this?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, if this is occurring on all sources and the picture test please send me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I may look into this. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usermSZ3CKWDWs
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Having the same problem with light bleed on one of my two 65 inch models. Is there a resolution to this problem? Hoping Samsung can make this seeming defect right. 

0 Likes
userut6fpeZAJ6
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@usermSZ3CKWDWs wrote:

Having the same problem with light bleed on one of my two 65 inch models. Is there a resolution to this problem? Hoping Samsung can make this seeming defect right. 

The solution is to never buy a Samsung product ever again. Hope that helps!

ScarySauce
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having some significant edge backlight issues with my UN65JS8500F. I've had the TV for about 4 years and it's out of the warranty period unfortunately. I've attached some photos below.  The problem has been worsening for several months now on both sides (left side being worse than the right). I just found this forum this evening and saw some posts with similar issues to mine... see here. I want reimbursement  for this extremely expensive defective model..it is sad to have experienced a defective model like this and the issue is receiving no attention with a company that I put so much faith in for over 20 years! 20200823_120536.jpg20200823_120512.jpg20200823_120841.jpg20200823_120618.jpg

0 Likes
user6kXsA4sh17
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'd say put your faith elsewhere.

Samsung just offered me a whopping $228 for mine (which I paid over $2000 for) -- what a complete insult!

It really says something about the value of Samsung products.