JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 09-26-2020 10:53 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
userX1XllZPG0c
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I also have light bleeding through the sides of my screen on a UN65JS8500.  I also touched the sides of the screen and they are extemely hot to the touch.  With that much heat, that would explain why things aren't working well.  I haven't seen a real solution yet, or offered solution, is there anything that can be done to fix this or slow it?  The excessive heat really does concern me.

userxewKSVrYmE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same here on my UN65JS8500.  I called Samsung and they said that others have the same problem but they only offer 2 year warranty so basically too bad for me.  I haved owned mine for 4 years and have seen it get progressively worse over the last year and a half.  I am done with Samsung and will be sure to let all my friends and family know how poorly I was treated

20191223_215841.jpg

useroTg0TsXcYX
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Has anyone gotten a solution to this issue yet?  My TV is now very bright on the left and right sides, along with being very hot.

CC2025BB-6F49-4582-905D-FD9C780DB4F3.jpeg

uservz3sPED6LK
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Well mine constantly moves the backlight setting to the max at 20 which makes the edges very hot. No real solution as Samsung i don't think has any replacement panels, and they will give you a small pittance of a refund and want to repo the tv

0 Likes
userRR3LxNPFjb
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the exact same problem.  The first image could be my screen.

0 Likes
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Nothing can be done.  Physical damage from heat.

usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

No solution.  Physical damage from heat.  Avoid Samsung.  They do not stand behind their products.

userld3JNuDurks
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue on my UN55JS8500. It has been there for quite some time, and we've just been ignoring it. However over recent months the screen brightness has also dropped greatly - and now its becoming almost unwatchable, and the bleeding areas are still there too. 

How do I get this fixed?

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Please send me a private message s that I can get some additional information.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
kwinders
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

20200906_160749.jpg

20200906_160756.jpg

20200905_092448.jpg

I am having this same issue. My image has gotten so dark it is unwatchable unless I max out the Backlight, Contrast and Brightness, then the light bleed from the sides becomes very apparent.

This happens with all sources and inputs, AT&T box, Xbox and Apple TV. I have even upgraded my HDMI cables to new ones that are certified for 8k

In addition to the light bleed and getting very hot, I cannot update the firmware to 1550, I get this error trying online and with USB it tells me there is no update.20200905_092426.jpg

0 Likes