JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 09-26-2020 11:10 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@user90deeQvSLa   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
user8jmAMxtu00
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is precisely the problem we have been having and now the screen is getting darker until we adjust the backlight. We spent a lot of money and just a few years later, it’s broken? Help Samsung! This is a nightmare!

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@user8jmAMxtu00 Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userSjjspu7ebp
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same light bleed on my curved 65js9000. Horrible and spent over $3500 on this tv.  Can someone from Samsung please help me get this panel replaced at no charge.  This is a known common problem

thsnk you

joe Orapello

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We can look into this. Could you send us a private message with your serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Soulja4187
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue with my TV. Can Samsung fix it?  My edges look washed out so I cant watching anything in max brightness. Picture below of my dark screen. It's very annoying for such an expensive tv.20190524_200749.jpg

userK08EF924Z0
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I am also having similar issue with UN65JS8500 bleeding on right and left edges. It looks so annoying on dark scenes. I have tried adjustung the brightness and picture settings but the bleeding on the edges does not go away. I purchased this tv in 2016 and was very happy with my furst expensive 4k tv but this issue has really deteriorated my experience. Samsung can you please assist with this known issue?
DocFly62
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did they help u. Just wondering. I have same issue

0 Likes
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Junk, unrepairable TV's due to physical heat damage.  Usually starts to show after the "itty" warranty period.  AVOID Samsung.  I have a 65 inch LG that's 9 years old that is still going strong.

0 Likes
userK08EF924Z0
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Was the repair under warranty? I have the same issue with this same unit and here is what Samsung support told me. I have to pay a diagnostic fee and if the panel needs to be replaced it will cost me $1800 + $210 labor. That is almost close to the original price of the TV. I had no option other than declining the service request. Samsung team, this is a known issue and should have a reasonable solution for customer satisfaction.