JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 10-12-2020 11:31 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
user9DdF38UAbN
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue. Went through all the diagnostics with Samsung and they basically told me my warranty was over and I needed to call for service. Nice. All the electronics I've bought have been Samsung but if the TV isn't going to get past 3 yrs I guess I need to start looking elsewhere when it is time to replace my Samsung phone, refridgerator, stove,etc. One day they will figure out spending a little to help a customer whose TV shouldn't go bad after 3 years would make them thousands more in the future but this how companies fade out in the future. 

UserIsDisgusted
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Also having this issue. It has gotten progressively worse. Over half the screen is now black and the back gets hot. Started with bleeding on both sides. $3k TV lasted two years and a half years. Also our only TV. 

I was told that the panel is no longer available and was offered a measly $500. Samsung, you should be ashamed of yourself for a known panel issue.

There Should be a similar replacement TV offered. That's why the TV was discontinued. I will NEVER buy another Samsung product again. 

0DF21C07-BB39-414A-ABEA-D4D1647C4598.jpeg

0 Likes
usercbxkSFRJlG
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Was the service covered by samsung? I have the same issue but mine is at the bottom part of the tv. I tried playing around with the picture settings but nothing worked. I read this and decided to contact samsung, i did the troubleshooting via email instructions but the problem was still there and was connected to service quick who tells me my tv is out of warranty and i have to pay $100 for the visit plus $ labor plus $ parts.3A016C9A-165D-480E-9926-1F46DE0D22C2.jpeg

378BE060-8ABD-4954-BD52-9E0A402011BC.jpeg

E6AA3E65-BABF-4747-B0B2-E8D55D9AF69C.jpeg

usergodDh8iedj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the exact same issue with my UN65JS8500.  My screen bleed looks like the screen "tore" internally just above the center on the right side of the screen, just like yours.  I am absolutely disappointed in the level of support received from Samsung.  I was told that I could replace the screen for $2400, after paying an $80 diagnostic fee, and $80 in labor.  I bought this TV over 3 years ago, and think it is completely unreasonable to have to pay almost the full cost of what I paid for this TV.  This appears to be an issue with the manufacturing or design of the TV.  We own 5 different Samsung LED's (all different models) and this is the only one we've ever had problems with.  If Samsung doesn't make this right, it may be time to invest in LG or Sony, and abandon Samsung altogether.  I'm sure they'd be happy to take our Thousands of dollars in business and make me a lifetime consumer of theirs.

usergodDh8iedj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

IMG_39811.jpg

usergodDh8iedj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

IMG_39841.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@usergodDh8iedj This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

0 Likes
usergodDh8iedj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The question is, what is the part needed for the repair?  Is it BN95-02114A?  Everyone who has followed the postings are wanting to know what the fix and cost is.  After spending ~$3k for this TV, it seems unjust to expect the consumer to pay for a design issue or manufacturing defect.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Unfortunately, we are unable to advise on the faulty part, only a certified technician would be able to do so. 

0 Likes
DocFly62
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same exact defect here. But I have 3 of those comet tail looking streaks

0 Likes