JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 10-24-2020 06:36 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

0 Likes
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello!

It looks like your TV is experiencing a hardware issue, possible screen issue. This is something that requires an in home service, which requires a technician to be sent your house. You need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are experiencing and they will be able to set you up with an appointment and have someone come and take a look at it, and ultimately, fix it for you. They will explain everything over the phone.

0 Likes
ManuelNJCSP
Product Expert
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Very sorry to hear this, your television may just be experiencing a hardware issues. This is something that requires an in home service. That means a technician would need to be sent your house. You will need to call Samsung, the hotline is provided in the link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/ The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are having and they will be able to set you up with an appointment to have someone come and take a look at your television to fix it for you. As to any fees , they will let you know once they check the warranty status of your tv.

0 Likes
userdDxR1KFlPG
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It's nearly 3 years old and there is Light Bleeding on both Left and Right Side of the Panel. 

Buying a Premium TV like Samsung at a Premium price and not even lasting for 3 Years makes the Customer to think we should never buy Samsung has to be addressed seriously by Samsung as I could see in this blog that many customers are facing similar issues. 

Samsung to act better customer friendly 

Call me at +919629417777 incase if Samsung would like to resolve a Customers issue and solve it. 

cleazenby
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same exact issue with my 8500. Very known issue as there's over 32 pages here on this topic alone.image.jpg

image.jpg

0 Likes
userxRtvkWERUk
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Add me to the list of having the light bleed issues on both sides.  Utterly disappointed for a premium TV a premium price.  It is.most certainly a defect.  

0 Likes
xdarkstar13x
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue! LEDs are burning through the bottom of my KS8000 65in TV. Samsung support on Twitter was no help because it was out of warranty! I've only had this TV for 3 years and of course its already defective. This is pathetic Samsung! You fail to acknowledge this TV is defective! Seen on Reddit others have the same issue! I've always supported Samsung and this has changed my mind on their products. No help from them!20210102_152850.jpg

0 Likes
userA7IFGIy1PI
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the exact same problem as shown in this post pics with the same exact TV. The prescribed solution from Samsung did not fix the problem. After updating firmware to 1560, and replacing HDMI cable, and checking all source inputs, TV plugged directly into the wall, nothing worked!

What is our option now? Is Samsung going to do right by us? Does the TV require new parts? Somebody from Samsung needs to explain. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
cleazenby
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Looks like my last post was deleted for some reason....

So far no help in getting a goodwill repair or like replacement from Samsung.

I was offered $288 for Samsung to buy back the TV that I purchased for almost $1,800 in 2016. I would be out the TV and not able to replace with $288.

Does anyone have any solutions or ideas?

IMG_6143.jpgIMG_6144.jpg

0 Likes
user5kNZL0ZpBR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I was excited to buy this TV in late 2017 and really enjoyed the picture quality, but in the past 3 months the TV has started falling apart and lightbleed is completely ruining my TV. There's a 4 inch bright line of light bleed along the bottom of my screen and I started seeing the edge lit LEDs at the top corner of TV. The frame is literally bent and the panel is coming away from the screen.

It looks like this is a pretty common issue according to the forum? I was considering buying a new Samsung but I'm afraid of spending money on something that's going to fall apart in 3 months. Has anyone been able to fix these issues?