JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-04-2021 03:28 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
usery3EveCA5oU
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

All these moderators "offer to assist" but send all of us the exact same message 

"Unfortunately the parts available to fix it wre unavailable but we will gladly offer you 10% back of what you spent if you give us the TV back"

What a joke!!

Its a manufacturing error!!!!

Screenshot_20201208-172601_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
usery3EveCA5oU
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userNdx13H77Ie wrote:

I have a UN55JS8500 that is getting rapidly worse with light bleeding through the display and extreme heat. Has Samsung published anything about this being a fire hazard? I purchased the SUHD model line because it was their flagship model, nothing was supposed to be better. My expectations were that I would get a much better product. Please help get this resolved and make it right.

Sorry but i have EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE SAME MODEL.. and all they are going to do is offer you $80 for the return of the TV. It's a laughable solution since there are DOZENS OF COMPLAINTS with the Same TV, Same Problem

0 Likes
user5aJPEeSR7O
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Mine is doing the exact same thing! It's only 3 years old as well and just now started right around that mark. A TV, especially with the supposed quality that Samsung has, should last way longer than 3 years! It's hot in those spots as well and I'm concerned this is only going to get worse!16066881753926780322041281906262.jpg

16066882205968838314004805195840.jpg

0 Likes
usery60RhCzpGF
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have the same exact issues with my 8500. I've also noticed that the middle of my screen is darker then the edges as well. Like many I just thought I was unlucky but after reading all these posts I realize this is definitely a design flaw and a major quality issue. I was the biggest fan of Samsung but this is making me rethink my next purchase. What can be

done?

0 Likes
userLlaMJ7NkZF
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a 65in tv as well with the same issue.  Samsung replaced the screen 2 years ago and it's back to where it started.  Spend almost 2k buying a tv that lasted only a few years.  I would like a replacement screen. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userLlaMJ7NkZF
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung should we start a class action lawsuit regarding this tv model?  Clearly we have 35 pages of complaints and this is a known issue.  You all are offering to buy back TVs. 

userxyzMhdCaYm
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue on my JS8500.  I think the best route is a class action due to a defective product.

userMlVQbyYisd
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Mine did the same thing.  Disgrace.  I will never by another Samsung TV since they aren't making it right.

0 Likes
rlucas
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am exactly experiencing the same problem... I use to trust Samsung equipments but this really start to feel bad about the brand quality...IMG_20210104_112528.jpg

0 Likes