JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-21-2021 09:01 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
userSE2tiikQsE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My TV has just broke in the same way. The LCD is realy dark, I'm unable to watch this crappy picture anymore. The bigest problem is  the heating. TV gets very hot on both sides, I afraid to keep IT in my room. Is there any way to fix IT?

0 Likes
user0agE9qeD4s
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
New year same problem....Model un55js8500. This in 4 years and I noticed it around 6 months ago. Called Samsung today. They suggested paying for service representative to come out to fix it. I already know there's not parts so thank for wasting my time and trying to get money for something unfixable.
0 Likes
userSE2tiikQsE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Here is a sample picture from my TV

The edges of the TV are so hot, that I decide to remove it from the wall

badTV.jpg

0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I posted  2 weeks ago no response UN75HU8550FXZA 

I have 4 kids is this  fire hazzard?IMG_9806.jpgIMG_9804.jpgIMG_9802.jpgIMG_9803.jpg

0 Likes
OohLaLa
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Mine looks a bit worse then that but I do believe it can be a fire hazard especially if hung to a wall. The unit that I own gets so hot that it will burn you it touch that area of the television set. I have recently been contacted by Samsung support and there is nothing they can do about it and instructed that I contact a repair service but looking through the trend, it does not seem these parts are available for repair. A exchange of some sort should be granted by Samsung. 

0 Likes
OohLaLa
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have the same problem with my UN65JS8500 and it is getting difficult to watch Programing or anything from any source as it is the tv that posts the problem. The sides of the unit get so hot so quickly that I have turn the unit off and unplug it from the outlet, I'm sure it's a hazard. After following this trend I have tried every recommendation provided by Samsung but in the end result is same. In the trend there seems to be no resolution so if anyone is pursuing legal action please send me the information. Thank you

0 Likes
user06f6RWJta7
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I spent a small fortune for this TV a few years back. Unlike older displays, the LED's on the left and right of the screen have burned through so now the screen is white on each edge when any video requires any level of backlighting. This is a rediculously short life for what's was marketed as a top level TV. What will Sumsung do about this faulty design?

userVRbfcwECCf
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung UN65J6300, during the past month what looks like a light started appearing on the left side about two thirds up the screen.  The screen has also started to turn blue over the entire screen.  If you could help out that would be great.

userP1XnCeynSr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same here! Can't wait for the lawsuit. So sad.image1 (19).jpegimage0 (18).jpeg 

0 Likes
userP1XnCeynSr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just wanted to start another chain on this. My mom's Tv is doing the same thing as many others. It took her son taking care of her after a broken ankle and surgery to figure out the issue. SHE will have zero capability of troubleshooting the issue or fighting with Samsung support BUT I do feel bad for her. There is a huge light bleed on each side. She spent a lot of her Money and there is ZERO solution.

I guess the only option is to post as many of these and hope the community can see that this is a constant and know the issue.

Hopefully, we get a lawsuit filed soon. I will be following up on as many sources as possible.image1 (19).jpegimage0 (18).jpeg

0 Likes