JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 09-24-2019 05:23 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
Iann88
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had sent  you a pm yesterday. I'll send an other one right now

Regards

0 Likes
userIKMt0CNEc4
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Bought series 8, 65” tv two weeks ago, and already noticed light bleed on just about the entire perimeter. My warranty better cover this. Ridiculous, Samsung. I have pictures it to prove it too. 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number, and pictures of your symptoms? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIKMt0CNEc4
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Model:  UN65TU8000F

S/N: <hidden>

DA5E5A3D-0BE1-473E-A496-3D21C65D2977.jpeg

92DA92A8-6F5C-47B3-94FB-D98F61B9D3D8.jpeg

00DAB13C-A578-4A95-AF45-E6A3BFFB8DBD.jpeg

C66EC23C-1F5B-4A7C-A272-95F6F2D22347.jpeg

0 Likes
userYzEkT5ubkN
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 55” curved Samsung TV is experiencing color bleeding on the edges of the screen.  These same edges are very warm and in some cases becomes quite hot the longer the TV is on.  B49F4AE8-5EAD-4372-85A5-56E4DBA5C3D8.jpegC72448F7-EA90-4842-A836-C3DF5202E83C.jpegD81CF4A3-AE50-4B5D-AA6A-BBD1D4A64DF0.jpegI paid $2000 for this TV and 3 plus years later it’s failing?!?!  Is there a reasonable fix for this?

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Does this happen on all sources? 

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions. Does the light bleed appear during the test?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userHEh4ONn7dV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My $2k+ TV is also bleading light.

Will Samsung support it?  Its about 4 years old?

Anyone have an estimate for cost to repair?

Thanks!

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The service center would provide the estimate for the repair. Are you able to provide an image of the symptom for us? Also, have you noticed any separation of the display and the panel?

0 Likes
userHEh4ONn7dV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung.jpg

@SamsungTam wrote:

The service center would provide the estimate for the repair. Are you able to provide an image of the symptom for us? Also, have you noticed any separation of the display and the panel?

No separation but it is really hot to the touch.  I'm afraid to leave it on for too long.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Understood. Can you send us a private message to the link below with your serial number?

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

0 Likes