cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercSrjQCXSik
Constellation

Light bleeding through UN65JS8500 screen

There seems to be an obvious issue with several Samsung TV's bleeding like my particular issue. The other Huge issue is that parts are not available or made for this obvious panel/screen issues. I would expect a company to honor there product and customers. I have gone through the process with Samsung over the phone trying to get my issue resolved but they seem to think it's ok to not offer a resolution or parts for an obvious on going issue with screen bleeding. I am extremely disappointed that Samsung has not offered to help in anyway. I imagine I'm not the only customer that has been sold a lemon. It's sad that my dedication to this brand means nothing. Shame on Samsung!!! I will spend my money elsewhere and on a competitor that will honor there products, parts, & customers. My current 15 major Samsung products will be replaced with an honorable brand and I will be sure my family and friends understand how Samsung sells & treats its customers.

9 REPLIES 9
userEEvAdbY10s
Constellation

Re: Light bleeding through UN65JS8500 screen

Exactly the same issue.  Bought the TV 3 years ago.  The light bleed issue happened a year ago and start getting worse.  Samsung please help!

I agreed that the edge of the TV is getting hotter than before.  It may be a fire hazard.  

Unless they stand behind their product.  I can't image I will buy another Samsung product againIMG_1487.jpeg

userQDZJy8gpjL
Constellation

I'm also having the exact same issue. Bought the TV February of 2016 and about 3 months ago the same issue that's pictured here appeared. Has anyone heard back from Samsung on solutions? 

userEEvAdbY10s
Constellation

I called them and they basically said I had to call the local service shop to request a repair.  They said it is not a known issue.  No one reported it.  Just BS me.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userEEvAdbY10s: Would you like us to schedule a repair for you? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userZoCxwfwYyV
Constellation

I am having the same issue as well. I purchased my tv around the same time and I called tech support and the basically told me they could not help because my tv is out of warranty. This seems to be a known issue with this model. Will never by Samsung again and will make it my mission to tell everyone as well.

Highlighted
NateDM
Constellation

Same issue here.  Same model

JLieu
Constellation

As luck would have it, I started having this issue this year as well--same timeline and model as everyone else.

I choose Samsung because of their quality and reptutation after years of sticking with Sony BRAVIA.

And for the first few years, it was great...until now with this light bleeding issues.  On the other hand, my 9-year old BRAVIA, while not as stellar in terms of 4K and quantum dot technology, still looks great and running strong.

I would love to stick with Samsung going forward, but this issue definitely needs to be remedied for my continued confidence and business.

SamsungBleed.jpg

SamsungBleed2.jpg

user4dbcwW9QxA
Constellation

Har samme problem selv har prøvd kontakte samsung nå se hva jeg kan gjøre. Store blødninger på siden av skjermen. IMG_20191127_195721.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user4dbcwW9QxA   Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.