JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 11-19-2019 01:10 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
userMPXycXf3Y9
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I received a similarly insulting offer for mine. I'm done with Samsung products. 

0 Likes
usercSrjQCXSik
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

There seems to be an obvious issue with several Samsung TV's bleeding like my particular issue. The other Huge issue is that parts are not available or made for this obvious panel/screen issues. I would expect a company to honor there product and customers. I have gone through the process with Samsung over the phone trying to get my issue resolved but they seem to think it's ok to not offer a resolution or parts for an obvious on going issue with screen bleeding. I am extremely disappointed that Samsung has not offered to help in anyway. I imagine I'm not the only customer that has been sold a lemon. It's sad that my dedication to this brand means nothing. Shame on Samsung!!! I will spend my money elsewhere and on a competitor that will honor there products, parts, & customers. My current 15 major Samsung products will be replaced with an honorable brand and I will be sure my family and friends understand how Samsung sells & treats its customers.

userEEvAdbY10s
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Exactly the same issue.  Bought the TV 3 years ago.  The light bleed issue happened a year ago and start getting worse.  Samsung please help!

I agreed that the edge of the TV is getting hotter than before.  It may be a fire hazard.  

Unless they stand behind their product.  I can't image I will buy another Samsung product againIMG_1487.jpeg

0 Likes
userQDZJy8gpjL
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm also having the exact same issue. Bought the TV February of 2016 and about 3 months ago the same issue that's pictured here appeared. Has anyone heard back from Samsung on solutions? 

0 Likes
userEEvAdbY10s
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I called them and they basically said I had to call the local service shop to request a repair.  They said it is not a known issue.  No one reported it.  Just BS me.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userEEvAdbY10s: Would you like us to schedule a repair for you? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userrWuh0STqXM
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Looks like tons on here are having our same issue

userZoCxwfwYyV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue as well. I purchased my tv around the same time and I called tech support and the basically told me they could not help because my tv is out of warranty. This seems to be a known issue with this model. Will never by Samsung again and will make it my mission to tell everyone as well.

0 Likes
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello!

It looks like your TV is experiencing a hardware issue, possible screen issue. This is something that requires an in home service, which requires a technician to be sent your house. You need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are experiencing and they will be able to set you up with an appointment and have someone come and take a look at it, and ultimately, fix it for you. They will explain everything over the phone.

0 Likes
NateDM
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue here.  Same model

0 Likes