Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65JS8500 screen

(Topic created: 08-07-2021 06:03 PM)
Andy_Andy
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello,

A few years ago I've bought a UN65JS8500 TV and it worked great, but a couple of months ago it started having some white light spots on the side and near the TV it started smelling like real hot plastic almost like burnt plastic. The sides of the TV started to become really hot, almost too hot to touch. I was alarmed and unplugged the TV, I was afraid that it will catch on fire. I've taken the TV into my garage and I am not using it anymore. 

I did some research and it seems that this is a common fault for this series. It looks like the light diffuser melts in the places where it is close to the LED's on the sides and that is why there is the light bleeding. I am amazed that Samsung did not recall these TVs because it is a real fire hazard, and for such an expensive top-of-the-line TV, this is unacceptable from Samsung.

Is there a way to resolve this issue without having to buy a new TV? 

20210807_172053.jpg20210807_172058.jpg20210807_172104.jpg 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes