JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-16-2019 12:54 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

JUMP TO SOLUTION
418 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@user6kXsA4sh17 Hey! I see that you have sent us a private message, lets us continue to speak there to avoid any confusion.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usermGI5SqZ4Im
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having similar issues to the ones described on this thread. To be honest, I have had these issues since I bought the tv a few years ago. I have the UN55JS8500F and there has been light bleeding through from the edges on the lower third of the picture for a long time. In addition, the picture is resetting itself to some crazy ugly settings, and I can't figure out why. I have looked for updates, and have tried to reset the picture and fix it, but nothing works, and the picture is now terrible. 

I don't know what to do, but I do feel like I spent a lot of money on this tv, and it's basically a horrendous picture that can't be fixed. 

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello there! If you experiencing the symptoms above please feel free to send us a private message with your full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you :). http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user9zjRQbA9jj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung just offered me a refund.

DocFly62
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did they actually give it to you

0 Likes
userSKDxA4uzRM
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue. These streaks of light coming in from the sides. Have 5 samsung tvs and this is the only one that has this problem.I have the same issue. These streaks of light coming in from the sides. Have 5 samsung tvs and this is the only one that has this problem.

AlohaTodd
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Aloha, I have the same exact problem in the same exact spots.  Did Samsung fix your TV?  If so, how much did they charge?

Thanks,

Todd

0 Likes
suzys3boyzzz
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Honestly ppl, I have 4 Samsung tv's & 1 Sony:double_exclamation_mark: If I had an issue lyk that w/ 1 of my tv's & it was older than 1yr, which is usually the manufacturer's warranty, then I would just go buy another 1:left_arrow_curving_right:b'cuz they aren't expensive lyk they used to be when they 1st came out yrs ago:double_exclamation_mark: JS💗

0 Likes
schwack
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue. Overrall brightness is severely reduced, and the light bleed from the left and right edge is horrible. I have several Samsung TVs that are close to 10 years old that have zero problems. This one is barely 3 years old. I will not be purchasing Samsung TVs moving forward.IMG_1782.JPG

samej71
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I suggest everyone who has this issue with their model to go to the Consumer Reports website and share their experiences with this model and what they think of how Samsung is dealing with the problem (be that good or bad). You may need to create a basic (free) account to write the review.

I submitted my review a little bit ago, echoing many of the sentiments of my post earlier in this thread.

You can search in your favorite search engine for "Consumer Reports UN65JS8500" to go directly to the page to leave your feedback.