JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-16-2019 12:54 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

JUMP TO SOLUTION
418 Replies
usergoicPckFpp
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just dont think I should be responsible for replacing anything when the TV isn't that old. Its obviously the LED strip causing problems, but they are difficult to replace, and probably not all that cheap for a quality strip.

0 Likes
usergoicPckFpp
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Here are a few more pictures to showcase the issue (camera sees it much better with the surrounding lights turned off.) It is much more pronounced in real life, almost like there is some fluorescent liquid on the side thats getting excited.

PXL_20200915_004356235.jpgPXL_20200915_004542658.jpgPXL_20200915_004736200.jpgPXL_20200915_004747724.jpgPXL_20200915_004757841.jpgPXL_20200915_004904784.jpgPXL_20200915_004952646.jpg

0 Likes
user3DYbeVIKcg
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Any response from Samsung? I have the same issue with my JS9000.

0 Likes
usergoicPckFpp
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

They asked me for all the information about the TV including serial number, then after a week of correspondance, they've made it clear that they aren't going to do anything for me (they said that it was manufactured in 2015 which we already knew). It's a shame because I really like Samsung tv's but this will definitely prevent me from buying one in the future. We should link up and find other members for a class action lawsuit Pretty sure this warrants it.

0 Likes
user3DYbeVIKcg
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

That's dissappointing. I've looked through multiple threads on this topic and some people seem to be offered reimbursement. Some get told "Too bad, it's out of warranty". It seems common enough it wasn't hard to find these threads here from google. I have no idea what a class action would take aside from a lawyer who thinks it's worth their time. Multi-thousand dollar TVs x how ever many failed displays = ?. 

I'm defintely never buying samsung again.

0 Likes
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Nothing can be done.  Physical damage from heat.  Faulty product.  Avoid Samsung.

0 Likes
userFFczJIafqD
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm glad I found this because my UN65JS8500 started doing this a few years ago and now the TV is absolutely unwatchable.  Backlight bleed is horrendous.  This was the highest rated TV at the time and less than 5 years later it is garbage, while the cheap alt. brand that it replaced is still going strong.  Has anyone had any luck with this?  I'm certainly not going to be shopping Samsung again.

0 Likes
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

No luck here.  Physical damage from heat.  Avoid Samsung.

0 Likes
Skimanner
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Dont get all excited about them acting like they can be helpful by messaging them.  Waste of time!  Offered me $199.99 to buy my t.v that worked for all of 1500 hours of use before bleeding white light which quickly gets worse week after week.  Even if the tv was 30 years old, i dropped it and for some reason they where willing to pay me $199.99 for it I wouldnt do it because $200 is not worth the trouble of filling out paperwork and preparing to ship and then shipping this junk.  I certainly would not; ever sell away my legal right to sue them for breaking their implied warranties and fraud for selling LED tvs with the same deisgn flaw for 5+ years for $199.99

Love to see them try denying that its fraud when this case is filed.  They got away from the fraud charge in the current case for older tvs because it wasnt possible to prove that they knew of the design flaw even thou anyone would come to the conclusion thag they had to have known with the endless complaints on these forums and on consumer reports about all their LED tv's. But its gonna be real easy to prove they knew when they where selling tvs with the same design flaw while being sued for the issue.  The implied warranty being broken is a slam dunk case just like it is in the current court case for older samsung models.  Their box, advertising and manuals promise 4k resolution but the light bleed starts shortly after their 1 year express warranty and way before the reasonable life time of a LED tv which is a breach of the implied warranty.  In fact im not sure about the specifics required for false advertisment but I would bet that false advertisment will be a valid claim also and easy to prove.  They knew that 4k resolution was not a true claim since they knew their design flaw would cause light bleed and/or extreme over heating way before the life expectancy of the tv.

i have meetings setup with 3 major law firms in NY with the help of my law professor from my alma mater at the end of October and beggining of November.  If the expected monetary result is enough to merit the time and expense that I would incur then I will file a lawsuit or possibly a class action.  I will inform my fellow frauded consumers if a class action suit is filed for the models made after the last model in the current law suit until current models.  Basically everything I own is Samsung.  Most of their products are great and ive never had a issue.  But my dryer and this tv both have major issues that are wide spread and they refuse to admit any fault and to do anything for both products.  So its clear they dont care about their customers, only the bottom line and their actuary clearly found that they would make more money by continuing to sell LED tvs for almost a decade that have a design flaw that allow them to make it much cheaper then competitors and that the resulting lawsuits would be cheaper then the cost of R&D.  One can hope with such a large and blatent attempt to take advantage of so many consumers that the jury will assign a huge sum for punitive damages that ensures they lost money by purposely selling its customers faulty merchandise and never choose to try that route again.  But regardless im done with samsung products.  As the time comes to replace my items i will be going with another company(s).  

usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Junk TV's.  Avoid Samsung.  They do not stand behind their products.  Junk.