JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-16-2019 12:54 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

JUMP TO SOLUTION
418 Replies
kingmans
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
no offense it looks tuff the light bleed but I hope your mom feels better
0 Likes
userP1XnCeynSr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just trying to get this as visible as possible.

I am on of many customer whos spent a lot of money and a Samsung TV that have critical fault not caused by the customers.

If you go to their TV thread you will find unanswered cliam after cliam.

Hopefully, a lawsuit follows but we need to get the word out. I am sure you don't care much but just trying to get something started. image1 (19).jpegimage0 (18).jpeg

0 Likes
userkytW2Pp2hv
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung UN65JS8500 TV. I got the issue of light bleed on both sides of the screen recently. This issue happens regardless the signal source  (off the air, apps, dvd player, etc). The tv connects directly to the wall socket, no surge protector. Besides the light bleed issue, the tv makes some loud popping sound (not from the speaker) intermittently. Upon research, this is related to overheating. Please help.Light bleeding on both sides of the screenLight bleeding on both sides of the screen

0 Likes
userpjhau2Q2RP
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Noticed about a year ago a little light bleed along edges and that blacks were very grainy in my picture. Light streak started yesterday and has grown to twice it’s size now. Totally unacceptable that this fire hazard is not being addressed as a recall. C1785446-36E8-4A3E-A40C-05F144A0DD92.jpeg1CC3DDB7-E416-4336-BD75-9E635C236C27.jpeg

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Does it appear on all sources including the picture test? Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model and serial number, I would love to look into this further for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userFToNuR1WVy
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

16050671541176399210425075989116.jpg

16050671725721575630992590842447.jpg

16050671919995269355970531676075.jpg

0 Likes
usertpYphTFRUB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have this 3 years old UN65JS8500 TV. Recently I realize it is light bleeding from both sides. I tried Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test but see no improvement. 

Does anyone or Samsung technician have a good solution that works?

thanks,

Alex

0 Likes
usertpYphTFRUB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is what it looks like when I do self testing...This is what it looks like when I do self testing...Light bleeding2.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that does this occur on all sources? And during the picture test? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user595qYyneRJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased my television in November of 2017.  Today, I noticed light bleeding through the bottom left hand corner of the television.  This is happening on all source/inputs.  Is there something that I can do to try to resolve the issue?

0 Likes