JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-16-2019 12:54 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

JUMP TO SOLUTION
418 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you played with the backlight by any chance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I did fiddle with the backlight control. it's currently at a setting of 20, when i move it down to 10 the light bleed is reduced but so is the quality of the overall picture.

user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi Samsung,

The appointment went well, the Samsung Tech was here for about an hour. I assisted throughout the process, everything went smoothly.

Here's the box for the panel the tech brought:

Here's the tech removing the boards off of my old panel.

The only issue that was a bit concerning, after removing the panel from the box he brought, was the fact that the panel was a refurbished unit which looked to have the same issue my panel was having, Light Bleed.

Here's what the screen looked like before the repair:

Here's what the screen looks like after the repair:

After it was all put together the picture no longer has the Light Bleed issue (ignore the failed test as it was the only screen where i could get a solid color to see if the light bleed issue was still present, it wasn't)

At this point I'm very happy the screen looks normal again without the annoying Light Bleed. I just hope this panel doesn't start exhibiting the Light Bleed issues again.

Thank you Samsung!

best regards,

devin

userpDMbJ9M6vf
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the exact same problem UN65JS8500 and mines just barely 3 years old. I am a big fan of Samsung’s products and am disappointed in the quality of this quite expensive tv. I woukd like to get this problem fixed.

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userpDMbJ9M6vf, I believe this concern would require a service repair. If you need assistance locating a service center, please send us a private message to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userPKN8TrViGP
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have same issue, is it covered under warranty?  Is it a full panel replacement or an LED strip?

userpDMbJ9M6vf
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I would like this repaired under warranty as it is a manufacturing defect as pointed out in multiple YouTube videos.

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

In order to check if the TV is under warranty, I would need the serial number. Please provide that information to the link above.

0 Likes
DocFly62
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just wondering what Samsung did for you. I have same issue and they told me that being that it's over 5 yrs old(purchased June 2015) they can't accommodate me in any way

0 Likes
userWwdpQsUKUk
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Hi Devin. Can you tell me if Samsung took care of this repair for you? Our TV is 3 years old and has been doing the same thing for a year, and now it is severe! So disappointed. We also got the curved sound bar to go with it...wasted $4,400 dollars on this system. So greatly disappointed in a huge expense that we got 3 years out of! Thank you, Cassie