JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-16-2019 12:54 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

JUMP TO SOLUTION
418 Replies
userV60XiDWyB1
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have this same problem with my Samsung 8500 where light or halo is bleeding in from the sides just like in the pictures of this post.

@user0tC7rduqfk wrote:

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

What do I do to get help and understand what my options are.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Good evening, Devin. I will be happy to assist you. Will you please send a private message with the model code, the serial number and any images you have of the TV display? http://bit.ly/2XERsky This will allow me to see what the options are.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jmt7300
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have Light bleeding through my UN65JS8500 screen As well i contacted samsung once before and didnt get any resolution i am very dissapointed in samsung being that i and lots of other people have spent hard earned money on a tv that we thought would last for years has so many problems i have a old samsung 42 well over 10yrs old still runs like a top only paid 600 bucks for it and still out lasted my newer tv smdh id love to get some help on getting my screen fix,replaced,rebate for a new tv something that will help other than not being happy everytime i turn this tv on. @SamsungAl  Plz help

samej71
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Pretty much the same--I bought this model for $2000, which is crazy expensive for me and we saved up for a long time for it, with the expectation that this TV would be the only one we buy for the next 10+ years. To have it start to die 3 years later with only modest use AND be unfixable is unforgivable.

It is very telling that so many people who purchased this TV are experiencing the *same* failure after approximately 3 years of use and clearly points to a manufacturing and/or design defect and Samsung appears to we cognizant of that fact since they're offering pro-rated buy-backs. 

In my mind, Samsung is not offering pro-rated "refunds" because they are requiring people to surrender the TV. I consider it a buy-back program at a fraction of the purchase price.

I don't have the money to buy a replacement TV so I am limited to the small prorated buy-back being offered and it clearly won't purchase a 65" 4K HDR TV, especially not a Samsung. I have not accepted the buy-back offer because I am hoping to live with this crappily made unit long enough to save up and buy a quality replacement.

I was a very pro-Samsung person, recommending their TVs to anyone who was looking to buy. If this is the best they can do after selling a non-durable product for a premium price, then it has left me angry and betrayed enough that I won't be buying another Samsung let alone recommending one to anyone ever again. It also makes me sad, because I used to really like Samsung products.

Samsung truly needs to offer people who have a failed unit an exchange with a refurbished model of similar or slightly better age/specs. If they did this, then I'd be proud to be a Samsung supporter again because I would know they stand by their products and don't leave their customers holding (most) of the bag when their design and/or manufacturing falls short, as this model clearly has. 

The ball is your court, Samsung. You might lose money on the exchange, but you'll certainly make more money in the long run by keeping your existing customers happy (and buying more Samsung things in the future) by exchanging these prematurely failing units for a working TV with comparable specs.

--James

BruinRogue
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I agree with this 100%. That said, I was never offered even anything. All my PM's just went silent. Because the TV did so well for me in the first year, I added a Samsung fridge and cooktop. It's crazy to see that so many people are in the same boat. Absolutely terrible that this TV can't last longer than my 10 year old Panasonic 3D TV. A small prorated refund is not acceptable especially since you still have to return the TV.

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@BruinRogue I certainly apologize, please make sure you aren't responding to the notification email as that is a DO NOT REPLY box and we don't have access to that. We are waiting for your information so we can set you up with a service ticket 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Could you send me a photo of the light bleed you are experiencing as well as the serial number of the TV via private message?

0 Likes
user9zjRQbA9jj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same here. I already provided all the information and photos regarding the light bleed  via PM and never heard back from Samsung.

usery3EveCA5oU
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Any luck? I recently started having the same problem. Do they offer a good refund? My TV has white bleeding and black burnt marks on the edges and since it's been 3 years since I bought it I have no idea how to get a refund or replacement 😔 I figured I'd get at least 7-10 years out of it. I'm so disappointed

0 Likes
user6EVmNIwfkl
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/UA55JS9000-BackLight-bleed-from-side/td-p/10...

I faced the same issue.

Above is the post I started. See the reply, "this forum is for the support of US product...." 

For owners of the same series TV, I have created a Telegram Group Chat. Pls search "Samsungbacklightbleed" to join the group.

Invite link: t.me/samsungbacklightbleed