JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-16-2019 12:54 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

JUMP TO SOLUTION
418 Replies
LOYALTYcomesATaCOST
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I followed all the possible solutions and still have the same issue. I have been told multiple times I am out of warranty and that the issue that is prevalent on most, if not all, Samsung  tv's with this model.  I am pretty sure by now that Samsung has a good grasp of what component failed on this model.  Can I PM a Samsung Rep, one that will be honest with me and tell me that it is not worth fixing and that I should just throw it in the trash and buy a 85 inch tv by another brand for the same price as the repair.  Between my wife and I, we have purchased original note, Note 3 (2X), Note 8 (2X), Note 10+, Samsung fridge ($1800) Samsung stove $500.  I am ready to pull the trigger on a Note 20 Ultra (2x)  and need a diswasher.  The dishwasher and 2 Note 20 Ulta's on hold as of now till the tv is is resolved one way or another.  I sent the picture to you already but if you have not seen it, just scroll down and you will hundreds of examples.   I also have the receipt but I bought it directly from Samsung.com.  

0 Likes
LOYALTYcomesATaCOST
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Update 08-07-2020.  For anyone that has a js8500 out of warranty. 

Technician will charge $200 just to come out (have to pay with credit card prior to appt). Then $300 for the back light panel plus parts. Minimum $500 to fix the tv. A major component is failing on this model in less than 3 years and nothing you can do if you are out of warranty.   They advised it would he cheaper just to buy another tv.  

0 Likes
AlohaTodd
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Aloha,   About a week ago, i noticed the exact same issues that all the others have with this TV, in fact the picture on mine looks exactly like the other light bleed.  Exactly what did the tech do to fix your set?  Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.  I can be reached at <hidden> as well.   Mahalo,   Todd C.

0 Likes
userVw60rHBfRu
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having this issue as well. The backlight is bright on the edges, and very dark in the center. This is present in the picture test menu - it's clearly a hardware issue. If there is a Samsung employee here, I am happy to provide my model/serial numbers. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
user06f6RWJta7
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 65js9000 has the same problem. Any source. Right now nothing but smart box using wifi apps. I paid so much money for this tv and now it is horrible. Hot temps at edge  lights and white bars for a screen.

What will Samsung do?

0 Likes
userZFXXefGBcs
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem with my UN55JS9000F television. Light bleed all the way down both the left and right sides of the screen. It's very distracting and really ruins any dark scenes. Is there anything I can do about this?

I've tried all of the debugging steps, but this other Samsung thread seems to suggest this is a common problem with my model: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/White-spots-and-light-bleed-on-UE55JS9000/td-p/555324

Untitled 14.pngUntitled 13.png

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello @userZFXXefGBcs: check out the accepted solution on the first page of this thread. It might be able to help you with this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userQB2aa6tEXa
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem. I contacted Samsung support who walked me through running diagnostices AGAIN. Nothing changed. I have been a faithful Samsung customer for years this is very painful and disrespectful to customers. The tech recommended that I "take" the TV in for service. Its 65" and everything is closed due to Corona plus the places recommended are for cell phones primarily. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I would like to look into this further.  Would you happen to have a transaction number that I could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userQB2aa6tEXa
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same problem. The TV is not functioning as it did. There are noticible "burns" on each side and the screen has lost any brightness it once had. My conversations with Samsung support was "Mail the tv to a service center" Mail a 65" tv to a service center? Seriously? Where would I even find a box large enough. Or the other option is to take it to Best Buy which is closed due to a pandemic. I am thinking maybe it is time to find a product from another company.

0 Likes