JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-16-2019 12:54 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

JUMP TO SOLUTION
418 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, I would like to look into this further for you can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usercZQIYy4U7Y
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I purchased a Samsung TV Model UN55JS8500F on 2016/01/06 with an extended warranty through 2019/01/06.  A few months ago flashlighting appeared on the left and right sides on the screen, see attached picture. I guess the TV knew when it should fail 🙂 I never have luck with an extended warranty. This Samsung TV replaced a Sony Bravia which is 8 years old, and it is working like new.

How can I correct the Samsung picture issue? I tried tightening the screws around the back to no avail.

Samsung TV Flashlighting 20200115_170234 E.jpg

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Could you send me a private message with your email address and pictures of the symptoms you are having so that we can look at all options possible? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useroO7AM6AAE6
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

8A662A40-B6D9-4496-B462-6164B8BFA553.jpegI m having the exact same problem as everyone else. I have been a Samsung customer for a long time and cannot believe the amount of problems out of this. The sides of the tv are so hot they will actually burn you!

0 Likes
useroO7AM6AAE6
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Update. I called Samsung since I received no response on here. I gave them my S/N and they said my tv was eligible for a replacement. The replacement department called me back and said that no TVs were available so I was eligle for a refund. The. The refund department called me back. They asked if I had the original receipt( which I didn't) then Told me without the receipt they could only offer me 250$. They told me if I could provide the original receipt then I would receive a full refund. Thankfully Best Buy keeps record and provided me the original receipt. I sent it in to Samsung . They called me back on Monday and said they could offer me 265$ Since I had the receipt. Then told me they would have never offered a full refund. They started this process by telling my my tv was eligible for a replacement. That shows they realize there is an issue with the tv. They have been yanking me around for a week now with false promises. I will NEVER buy Samsung again. 

0 Likes
userO898A9Reqy
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Our tv just started having the same issue.  Very distinct light bleed on both the left and right sides of the tv.  Our tv is just over 3 years old and this is very frustrating as we spent a lot on this tv.  Has anyone gotten a resolution to this?  We are not in a position to be replacing an expensive tv or pay to have it repaired, nor do I feel we should have to with it barely 3 years old.

userO898A9Reqy
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Responding again as we haven't heard back from Samsung on this.    Our tv is also Model UN65JS8500 and has distinct light bleed on both the left and right sides of the tv.  We were excited to have this Samsung (traditionally have purchased Sony Bravias) but are now regretting our purchase.  We spent a lot of money on this tv and it's only 3 years old.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userO898A9Reqy    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
Lala10
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What can we do if it's out of warranty...Similar issue but it looks like a white line on the bottom of the screen... UN55KU7000 Samsung

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey, try this link out: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/

0 Likes