Original topic:

Lost shortcut to cable box

(Topic created on: 2/6/21 10:32 AM)
userr6mq1PKt6n
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I bought a 55" Smart TV model un55tu7000fxzc a few months ago and had no issues setting up my cable box. At that time it added a shortcut icon at the bottom of the Home screen next to the Netflix, Prime, etc apps.

Last week all of a sudden the shortcut for my cable box Shaw vanished. I unplugged and rebooted everything but can't get it to come back at all. I can still get to it if go to the Inputs menu but I would really like to get the shortcut back. If I try to add it to HDMI 1 as a cable box it doesn't list Shaw as one of the choices. Odd since it's one of the major cable companies in Canada and I bought the tv in Canada. 

Any ideas on how to get it back? I'll attach a picture of what I mean. At the bottom where it shows the apps Shaw used to be right next to Netflix.tv.JPG

0 Likes
8 Replies
userr6mq1PKt6n
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Ok I got my shortcut back on the bottom of the Home screen but it only reads unknown device. At least it works though however it used to show me my cable guide when I Guide button. Now it only takes me to the Samsung TV guide.
At least I'm halfway there.

0 Likes
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I can't remember what I did when it happened to me, but try going to source > universal remote. Then it should reconnect the TV and cable box
userr6mq1PKt6n
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I've tried that several times but Shaw is not a provider option so I get nowhere. I've tried a few of the listed providers but they don't work. The funny thing is it all worked perfect for months until just last week when the shortcut disappeared. 

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@userr6mq1PKt6n Are you located in the US or Canada?

0 Likes
userr6mq1PKt6n
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am in Canada and I bought the tv in Canada at The Source.

0 Likes
userr6mq1PKt6n
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

So no other ideas from the Samsung gurus here?

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

You may want to check in with the Samsung Canada Community (LINK) to see if they can provide additional information, as we only have access to US models and services in this forum.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userr6mq1PKt6n
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thanks for the suggestion but your link only goes to a community board for the Samsung phones. Not only that, it will not let me post anything because it does not let me choose a board for location. It gives me options but won't recognize when I click on one regardless of what browser I try.
Here is something else weird that just happened this morning. I've been watching my cable box with the source just labeled as unidentified. Been working fine until this morning I switched to that source and it said nothing was plugged in. I unplugged the hdmi and plugged back in and now it recognizes it as Apple TV. It works as well as it did as "unidentified" but just seems crazy. 
  Seems like something is seriously wrong with this "smart" tv and not sure I would buy another Samsung tv in the future since this one can't even recognize my cable box for what it is even though it did a few months ago. 
  I'll try and find a Canadian customer service number to call tomorrow and see if they can get anywhere on this issue. If they can't I may just sell it at a loss and buy a different brand. 

0 Likes