Original topic:

Low audio

(Topic created on: 12/28/20 3:14 AM)
user6kqpZoONuA
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello Everyone,

we just got a UN82RU8000FXZA and have 3 devices plugged into it. The Xbox sounds perfectly fine but the FireTV stick and the cable box have low audio.  Increasing it from volume level 20 to about 70 doesn't make a difference. The Xbox sounds perfectly loud at 15.  I have changed the audio setting to "best available" and stereo on the fire stick. Have tried various different settings on the tv such as amplify but have had no success.  I changed the hdmi inputs around and still have the same result. Any other suggestions I can try? All the same devices sounded fine with my older Samsung 8000 series TV. Thanks in advance. 

2 Replies
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
check and make sure the device doesnt need hdmi 2.1 cables instead of the standard hdmi . XBox has an Upscaler for Codecs that does this automatically when plugged into your new device. And the device itself has higher audio codecs it uses while some devices such as the firestick are at a lower codec standard. It might be just something simple as upgrading your hdmi cables to a 4k 8k audio video codec read. They also sell an 4k/8k Upscaler hdmi box. It's like a little multi port that all the devices run through before running into your tv. It also allows you to keep other hdmi ports open on your tv. Comes with a remote to flip between devices run through a single port. Hope that Helps
0 Likes
user6kqpZoONuA
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thank you for taking the time to respond and for your suggestion.  That might indeed be the case with the cable box but the firetv stick is plugged straight into the TV and the audio is very low. Unfortunately, the firetv is the device we use the most too. 

0 Likes