cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

MLB app deleted from my TV and no longer in the app store

The sole reason I purchased this Samsung TV was to use it in my office to watch MLB games.  It has worked well but now the MLB is gone.  It is not in the Samsung APP Store either.  That makes this TV worthless to me.

I could have bought another brand and hooked up an Apple TV or. roku instead and this woyld not be an issue.

How do I get MLB back onto my Samsung 65" TV????

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: MLB app deleted from my TV and no longer in the app store

I am in exactly the same boat. MLB.tv app disappeared from both of my Samsung TVs. Like you, my only reason for purchasing them was to use MLB.tv app. Very disappointed. Hope you get an answer. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that these are the supported models of the MLB app on Samsung TV's

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/samsung-requirements

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Oh, come on now! It worked before. Why doesn't it work now? How can I watch MLB TV on my television?

Highlighted
Astronaut

It worked on my Samsung TV last year now I can't find the app.  Is MLB not supposed anymore on a 5 year old TV?

Highlighted
Constellation

That is ridiculous. Samsung and MLB need to get together to fully support their TVs. A 5 year old TV (like mine) is not old!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

This same thing happened on one of my TVs as well as my sister's.

There are plenty of five year old TVs in use.  How can they think it's OK to just remove functionality that was available when the decisison was made to purchase the TV?  Maybe it won't support newer updates to the app, but at least leave something there, even if it has less overall functionality!