cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertcx6jlLD6v
Constellation

MU6100 remains connected (with active rx/tx) to home network when powered off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV model is UN58MU6100 (FW Version 1262).

My internet/network works fine for all my devices.  Unlike every other device I have, I recently discovered that this Samsung TV "remains" as a connected device on my home wireless with tx/rx activity when the TV is powered off.

Any other devices I turn off (phones, laptops, ipads, another Samsung Smart TV, etc) will dissappear from the connected clients list in my Asus router.  This particular Samsung Smart TV does not.   I've turned off ACR, Interest Based Ad Detection, and ensured voice detection was off.  None of these actions caused the TV to drop it's connection after powering it off.  The only way the connection drops off the router is if I physically unplug the TV.  Then, the network connection immediately resumes when I plug the TV back in, even though the TV has not been actually powered on.

I haven't been able to find an answer as to why this particular TV keeps an active/open network connection when it's physically powered off.  If this is an expected behavior, I feel like it should be disclosed by Samsung as to what the TV is doing when it's off, why it's necessary, and how to hopefully disable it (w/o disabling wireless functionality altogether on the TV).

For further reference, I have another Samsung Smart TV (Model# UN55JS700D) that does not exhibit this behavior.  When I turn that TV off, it completely drops off as a connected client on my home router.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: MU6100 remains connected (with active rx/tx) to home network when powered off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think that it can be turned off by itself but I would recommend giving our Digital Television department a call at 1-800-SAMSUNG. Ask them to remote into the unit and turn off the Instant-on feature. I can't guarantee that this option will be available in the menu but if it is, it turns on/off a lot of the background functions for a faster boot-up time. 

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: MU6100 remains connected (with active rx/tx) to home network when powered off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's expected behavior, it is a feature to ensure that there is a readily available internet connection whenever the television is powered on so it doesn't have to connect every time. 

usertcx6jlLD6v
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok. Is that feature something that can be turned on/off via a menu option?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think that it can be turned off by itself but I would recommend giving our Digital Television department a call at 1-800-SAMSUNG. Ask them to remote into the unit and turn off the Instant-on feature. I can't guarantee that this option will be available in the menu but if it is, it turns on/off a lot of the background functions for a faster boot-up time.