Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

MU8000 Firmware 1335?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have a 2017 UN65MU8000 that I'm hoping to upgrade. I have a newer Samsung (N55RU7100FXZA) in another room with firmware version 1335 that supports newer applications that I'd like to use on all of my Samsung TVs. 

Is my MU8000 compatible with the same 1335 firmware? Or something more current than the 1280 it's currently operating? Over the air updates state it's up to date.

UN65MU8000 Software version: T-KTMAKUC - 1280.5, BT - S

I appreciate any help that can be provided!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: MU8000 Firmware 1335?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7tsHtyznir

This won't please you but...I have a 2017 Frame which uses the same firmware as your MU8000, and it too is at rev 1280.5. Further, not only does the on-board Update indicate I am at the latest rev, if we go to Downloads we find an even older revision stuck there: 1270.3. Heck we got 1280 months ago IIRC and their Downloads page still doesn't even show 1280.5.

Bottom line is that I believe 1280 is the latest for your/my sets. I'd be interested to know what apps you need to work with it, but don't?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7tsHtyznir

This won't please you but...I have a 2017 Frame which uses the same firmware as your MU8000, and it too is at rev 1280.5. Further, not only does the on-board Update indicate I am at the latest rev, if we go to Downloads we find an even older revision stuck there: 1270.3. Heck we got 1280 months ago IIRC and their Downloads page still doesn't even show 1280.5.

Bottom line is that I believe 1280 is the latest for your/my sets. I'd be interested to know what apps you need to work with it, but don't?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was worried about that. I did notice the older version for download..

Apple TV+ is what I'm looking to try out. It's available on my newer Samsung, but not this one. Sort of a bummer. Maybe it'll be added to this firmware. Just noticed Disney+ not too long ago. Fingers crossed, I guess. 

Thanks for the reply and information, it was super helpful!

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmm @user7tsHtyznir I have an AppleTV4K connected to my TV so wouldn't have run-into that. I think the ATV also does Disney but am not certain. It does seem as though our sets should be technically capable of running those apps so maybe Samsung will come-through for you.

I'll take a peek myself next time I am fiddling with my Frame.

BTW you might also want to start a new thread, something like "Run Apple + on 2017 TV?" and see if you get more interest (and Samsung attention).

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apple TV 4  and 4k does support the Disney+ App and with a limited free trail period.

Just make sure you have the latest tvOS 

I'm using and Apple TV 4K box with my 2019 Q7DR

slackrl.